gpu usage at 45% at idle

thrasher_565

so i have this problem for some time but my gpu normally should idle at 32 degrees but some times its gets locked at 50 degrees and 45% usage also all 16 gb of my ram is being used... all im doing is surfing the net...

any idea? virus?

gpu temp idle 32dgree.png

hight idle temps.png

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

6 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

so i have this problem for some time but my gpu normally should idle at 32 degrees but some times its gets locked at 50 degrees and 45% usage also all 16 gb of my ram is being used... all im doing is surfing the net...

any idea? virus?

What am I suppose to look at in these screenshots? Also, what is it; idle or browsing? Because those are not the same.

Just check what is using your videocard (like a video on YouTube or something).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

6 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Check task manager and look at the processes

task manager.png

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

What am I suppose to look at in these screenshots? Also, what is it; idle or browsing? Because those are not the same.

Just check what is using your videocard (like a video on YouTube or something).

well i do have youtube open but nothing playing

Worth trying:

Open Nvidia control panel --> restore defaults (top right corner) ---> restart

3 minutes ago, Tee86 said:

Worth trying:

Open Nvidia control panel --> restore defaults (top right corner) ---> restart

i have not changed anything in there but i click the button and nothing.

i did a restart on the pc and Physicl mem is at around 19% with 1 youtube open and ltt and about 3gb ram usage sounds about right and the gpu mem down two 3% and the gpu mhz 139 and 405 at 33 degrees sounds about right. but i don't no why it sticks at gpu mhz 1632 and 5005 at 48 degrees  and 15gb ram when im not gaming thow it don't even go that high when gaming so i don't no.

First you said that you've got 139 and 405 at 33dgs and then 1632 and 5005 at 48dgs. Which one is true atm?

3 minutes ago, Tee86 said:

First you said that you've got 139 and 405 at 33dgs and then 1632 and 5005 at 48dgs. Which one is true atm?

so 139 405 at 33 degrees is the normal what it should be at and the problem is at 1632 and 5005 at 48 degrees with 15gb ram usages both are at idle with a few tabs open. my gpus should be doing nothing when not gaming...

what's your win version? That task manager doesn't look like win10...

1 minute ago, Tee86 said:

what's your win version? That task manager doesn't look like win10...

windows 7 64bit

same symtoms here, been having it for a while...
i use win 10 pro however.
i found a temp fix though.
causing a hard restart for graphic drivers by shutting down one of my 2 displays and starting it up again 10 seconds later fixes it until it later breaks again.
doing some research and trying some things again, i'll let ye'all know of my discoveries.

i could reinstall my pc and call it a day, but that would be a cowards way.

4 minutes ago, Jamil said:

same symtoms here, been having it for a while...
i use win 10 pro however.
i found a temp fix though.
causing a hard restart for graphic drivers by shutting down one of my 2 displays and starting it up again 10 seconds later fixes it until it later breaks again.
doing some research and trying some things again, i'll let ye'all know of my discoveries.

i could reinstall my pc and call it a day, but that would be a cowards way.

ya i tried re installing and it still ends up happening

lets exchange notes.
Setup:
2 monitors
Windows 10 pro, i7-6700 cpu 32gb ram geforce gtx 1060 6gb 3 ssd's
windows version 1809 os build 17763.1039
Security? Malwarebyte (paid edition) (Only one i trust)

Symtoms:
after a random amount of time{
Client Server Runtime Process uses 30-35% GPU, Desktop window manager 8-9% gpu utility
Primary display odd behavior(excessive lag, Right click menu flimmers) again, only MAIN display.
windows explorer using 15% CPU

Steps taken.
ignoring the issue(check)
brooding over issue (check)
reinstall display drivers (check, and got rid of the useless geforce experience, only using driver variant now)
ran commands to check windows for errors and corrected them using command shell. (check     "sfc /scannow"etc etc)
checked google(check)
checked forums(check)

3 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

any idea? virus?

gpu temp idle 32dgree.png

hight idle temps.png

May be a background task or high quality devices, or a weak graphics card, may be dying tbh.

Blake has arrived!!

Just your local tech geek!

Love to help!

i have 2 monitors (one is a tv)

windows 7 64 bit ultra no updates

no Security no antivirus

Problem: msi afterburner Gpu Clock and Gpu mem Clock boots up (even when not gaming ) temp around 48 degrees and with hwmonator shows 45% memory utilzation and gpuz shows system memory used 15gbs

temp fix:

some times restart will fix it (for now) or some times you have to uninstall and reinstall everything that will fix it for some time.

hmm as writing this im keeping an eye on my memory (ram) and its keeps going up doing nothing els....)

6 minutes ago, Spoiled_Kitten said:

May be a background task or high quality devices, or a weak graphics card, may be dying tbh.

it dose have a nice coil wine when ruining heaven 4.0...

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

it dose have a nice coil wine when ruining heaven 4.0...

Whats the graphics card? also yeah i think its time for a new one/ upgrade, maybe you could clean it out re apply thermal paste? 

Blake has arrived!!

Love to help!

1 minute ago, Spoiled_Kitten said:

Whats the graphics card? also yeah i think its time for a new one/ upgrade, maybe you could clean it out re apply thermal paste? 

na no upgrade needed its a 1080. i did repast it.

Edited by thrasher_565

Just now, thrasher_565 said:

na no upgrade needed its a 1070. i did repast it.

Have you got all the drivers installed? and updated, also maybe go to win 10 may help, 

Blake has arrived!!

Love to help!

7 minutes ago, Spoiled_Kitten said:

Have you got all the drivers installed? and updated, also maybe go to win 10 may help, 

driver is 441.87. i don't like windows 10. once i get my pc built i will have a windows 7 pc for the net and an windows 10 pc for gaming thow

got an x5670 for my asus 1366 mb so that will work for my windows 7 pc.

one note that i can think of is i have set custom fan curve with msi afterburner (becuse the stock fan curve ramps up and down at 48 degrees really annoying) and i may have for got to enable it right so i may have cooked it before.... is there a way to test the gpu? it dose coil wine with heaven 4.0 that i no of.

3 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

driver is 441.87. i don't like windows 10. once i get my pc built i will have a windows 7 pc for the net and an windows 10 pc for gaming thow

got an x5670 for my asus 1366 mb so that will work for my windows 7 pc.

one note that i can think of is i have set custom fan curve with msi afterburner (becuse the stock fan curve ramps up and down at 48 degrees really annoying) and i may have for got to enable it right so i may have cooked it before.... is there a way to test the gpu? it dose coil wine with heaven 4.0 that i no of.

run a test and see if others have similar result with same graphics card if so then it should be fine otherwise it is broken. (like 3D benchmark)

Blake has arrived!!

Love to help!

1 minute ago, Spoiled_Kitten said:

run a test and see if others have similar result with same graphics card if so then it should be fine otherwise it is broken. (like 3D benchmark)

like compare the score to other how do i no what other use thow?