GTX 1070 Performing worse than my old 1050ti.

JoshC14

I've recantly upgraded my gpu to a 1070 but iits underperforming on on certain tasks.  When i benchmark test it, it performs really well and i dont have problems.  I also have no problmes when i play CSGO.  When i play fortnite the FPS dips are huge.  I cant play at 144fps when the PC should be able to do that comfortably.  All drivers are up to date and I have a Ryzen 7 2700x cpu that isnt going to underperform.  I'm wondering if my 450W psu is the reason for this? I'm not very knowledged on computers and i have been trying to troubleshoot for the past 2 days, I'm stuck.

Try and verify the game files, then when gaming monitor the CPU and GPU usage using something like MSI Afterburner.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Install MSI Afterburner and check temperatures. You may set your own fan curve if card is overheating or underclock your card a little. You may also try to turn on vsync - it will reduce GPU usage.

11 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Maybe try uninstalling display drivers with DDU - https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

And reinstalling the latest after that.

5 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Install MSI Afterburner and check temperatures. You may set your own fan curve if card is overheating or underclock your card a little. You may also try to turn on vsync - it will reduce GPU usage.

6 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Try and verify the game files, then when gaming monitor the CPU and GPU usage using something like MSI Afterburner.

Thanks for the help, try all of these later and see how it goes.

DDU at the end, first temperatures, underclocking and vsync. Why? Because it will help to diagnose problem better. You may use DDU anyway, but first check hardware. If nothing but drivers help - then problem was drivers. But if problem is overheating, you should fix it as soon as possible and then you may (or not) use DDU as a bonus.

GPU-Z is a tool that can perhaps help you identify the bottleneck. It shows histograms of the resource usage and it has a "PerfCap Reason" field that could be helpful