Is My Ssd Dead?

-ism

So today I came home from my friends house and I was in the car we went over a bumpy part of the road and I could hear my PC move a bit in the back which scared the crap out of me. Now that I'm home I can't get into windows and my SSD isn't being recognized. I pull it off and see the SATA cable hanging there and I think oh good that's all that's wrong. Well, it won't stay in for some reason. The pins all appear to be there and I'm just really scared that its unusable. Can anyone give me some help? What should I do?

http://imgur.com/aYEehmV.jpg

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

If you have the piece of plastic that was aligning the pins you can glue that back on.

This happened to me and I just used some crazy glue and it worked just like new.

DAMN SATA! :)

I honestly did not think a car could have enough force to yank that out.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

When you glue that piece back on, try to get a sata cable that doesn't have those clips to prevent future complications.

Try a different cable... it could have bent the pins in the cable... [xob eht edistuo gnikniht]  :wacko:

Glue the plastic bit back on, and stop using locking SATA cables and if you do secure that SSD!

Locking connectors are better because they secure the cable so that it doesn't pull out and break stuff!

BTW, if your SSD is dead, you can be in the clan of 2 people that have done amazing things.

You, that killed an SSD with a SATA cable

Linus, that killed the server with a USB drive

lol... :)

If you have non-locking SATA cables then under extreme stress they will disconnect rather than damage the actual SSD, for example snapping the SATA connectors/fingers on the SSD itself... I prefer non-locking cables myself.  Silverstone makes some nice looking ones.