New PC build Troubleshoot (2020) Computer Restarts in Games - NEED HELP

5 hours ago, Lefy8880 said:

Update.

Still getting random reboots and event viewer shows "WHEA-Logger Event ID-18"

Even when I'm in discord or browsing internet.

What do you  suggest to try?

New mobo? New PSU?

🤔 I'd be inclined to say replace both, even along with the CPU itself and not just the cooler for it just for the hell of it, but I'm still willing to bet that the motherboard's weak heat sink is the real problem just based on what people are saying about it. That WHEA error message you got in the dump file is about a hardware related issue of some type, which doesn't usually point to the power supply being the culprit. It could also even be faulty system ram, so before replacing anything else, I'd run the app below to stress test it just to rule it out. 

Link: https://www.memtest86.com/

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

17 hours ago, BlackManINC said:

🤔 I'd be inclined to say replace both, even along with the CPU itself and not just the cooler for it just for the hell of it, but I'm still willing to bet that the motherboard's weak heat sink is the real problem just based on what people are saying about it. That WHEA error message you got in the dump file is about a hardware related issue of some type, which doesn't usually point to the power supply being the culprit. It could also even be faulty system ram, so before replacing anything else, I'd run the app below to stress test it just to rule it out. 

Link: https://www.memtest86.com/

Already done that. I have mentioned it before.

Update.

CPU Cooler has been installed.

ASUS BIOS 5406 moded profile has been set to correct wrong cpu clock speed (3.59 and not 3.60ghz) - by deactivating CPU Spread Spectrum. 

I seted manually ram timings. To correct them by using ram calculator and ran ram testing with memtest(no errors). Just to be sure there is no problems with my rams. 

Temps are perfect. Max cpu temp 72 Cº. Same with gpu. Max temp 70-75 Cº with custom fan curve. 

No reboots-hardcrash second day by only doing some benchmarks. Haven't tried games so far.

I'll report back if anything happens. 

I have put manual timings and tested them with memtest86. No errors.

I'm going to buy(upgrade?) mobo first (I dont have some much money just to buy new pc... This is 4 months old) Can you suggest one better than this? Maybe x570? I think it has more support than older motherboards.

1 minute ago, Lefy8880 said:

Already done that. I have mentioned it before.

I have put manual timings and tested them with memtest86. No errors.

I'm going to buy(upgrade?) mobo first (I dont have some much money just to buy new pc... This is 4 months old) Can you suggest one better than this? Maybe x570? I think it has more support than older motherboards.

Whats your budget? Thats really what it all comes down to. Keep in mind though, that it may be hard to find a good PC component because of covid-19. Most of the good stuff is out of stock, and they are charging you more than its actually worth. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

31 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

Whats your budget? Thats really what it all comes down to. Keep in mind though, that it may be hard to find a good PC component because of covid-19. Most of the good stuff is out of stock, and they are charging you more than its actually worth. 

My budget is around 100 to 150 max euros.

For some components I'll try to RMA them. But is going to be very difficult and it will take time.

10 minutes ago, Lefy8880 said:

My budget is around 100 to 150 max euros.

For some components I'll try to RMA them. But is going to be very difficult and it will take time.

Well these are the two motherboards that are more or less within that price range I'd get. The former can handle an R9 3900X with relative ease and its ten dollars cheaper than the latter. Problem is, I'm not sure how much it would cost in euros. 

Link: Gigabyte B550 Auros Pro

Link: Asus Tuf Gamig X570 Plus

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

After changing my GPU fro, 5700xt to 2070 super and selling the 5700xt problem solved :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, i have the same error as yours but my system is little bit different..

Ryzen 5 3600 (new)

Inno3d rtx 2060 (from prev system)

Asrock 450m steel legend (new)

Superflower leadex iii gold 650w (new)

But yeah basically i have the same problem, i bought mine in may, after some troubleshooting i just think that it was my psu so I RMA'ed it (previously was aerocool lux 550w) and bought a better one, but the problem still there

I've noticed one person said that reapplying cpu cooler fixed, and 3 days ago I did it before knowingly this suggestion... And you know what ? The problem gone 🤨 i can run unigine valley benchmark that i usually can't do (always crashes)and even got my benchmark result... but then i remember that i haven't plug one of hdd yet, so open my case to plug it to my sata cable and psu cable... And boom the error back again 🤦‍♂️. And no it's not my sata because i plugged it out again and the problem still there. I'm so lost by now 😔

Also this is my benchmark result from 3 ago. But I can't do it now since i always crashes when doing it.

IMG20200719200542.thumb.jpg.dd1b945c4d1f792fc426321307163f3f.jpg

Edited by Jeckylll

• 2 months later...

hi everyone, have the exact problems. my pc was recently built, like 3 weeks ago. and all parts were brand new

ryzen 5 3600

corsair 16gb kit 3600Mhz cl18

galax gtx 1660 super

asrock b550m steel legend

nvme ssd adata xpg sx8200pro 256gb

wd blue hdd 2tb

be quiet u9 600watt 80+ bronze

had this problems since 2 weeks ago, first when i played COD warzone, only once and it randomly reboots. didnt play it ever since.

i love Valorant and i play a lot of Valorant, and yesterday i just noticed most of the times my pc crashed was when im in-game Valorant

the crash im talking about is a restart, without bsod, no log, nothing. all the lights from inside my pc suddenly turned off just like a power cut, and then after a split seconds it starts to boot again.

there was a lot of random reboots i've lost count, twice when i enabled xmp profile to get my ram to run at 3600mhz and i thought it was the problem but its not.

yesterday my pc reboots when i played Valorant, i entered bios to reset to default settings, and my PC wont boot. tried to unplug the psu, clearing the CMOS several times and finally my pc booted into windows.

im writing this after i got a random reboots when i opened Valorant for 10 minutes, (im not even in a match yet).

some says its a thermal issue but i dont think it is, my AC is on and i just entered the game for around 10 minutes so i dont think the CPU will go above 95C. i used MSI afterbuner to keep track of both of the CPU and GPU thermal and the maximum is around 74 - 79 degrees for both. (im running a stock cooler)

sometimes my pc wont randomly reboots for 3 days, and some days it reboots more than once a day.

im trying to re-installing the Valorant game now but i dont think it will do much since the problems happened once with other game (cod warzone).

this problems really pisses me off and i dont know what to do, i bought this pc to play games but now i cant even play games because it keeps restarting.

pls help me