New PC build Troubleshoot (2020) Computer Restarts in Games - NEED HELP

Hello everyone!

My PC Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (With the stock cooler)

GPU: PowerColor Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 (The one with the blower style Cooling)

MOBO: ASUS PRIME X470-PRO (With 5406 BIOS Vers.)

RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE (RGB) PRO - 16GB - 3200Mhz 

PSU: Corsair CX650M

DISKs: 1x SSD INTEL for OS (No NVMe, but SATA) & 1x WD Blue 1TB

Im new here, not good in english but I need your help!

Everything is new! I bought the parts and assebled it about 1-2 weeks ago.

I did a clean install of the OS and install all the Drivers needed (AMD Chipset, Graphics Card Radeon Software latest Vesion 20.2.2 etc).

So then I tried to play a random game "Assasins Creed-Black Flag" (Random Choise the first time).

I played for 15 minites and then suddenly my PC freezed(about 1 sec freeze) and restarted immediately.

I tried other games (EVE, BlackOps) and same thing happened. Some of them the restart was very fast without a freeze.

Also first time had XMP Profile - OFF. Then I enabled it and there was no difference.

So I started searching the web. I saw that many people had problems with new AMD graphics cards Drivers and they suggested to try the DDU and clean install again of the drivers.

I used the DDU for about 4-5 times and after each one I opened the games and got a restart again.

Then I did RAM MemoryCheck with some softwares like MemTest64. Run it all night and got no Errors.

Downloaded OCCT to see Temps and when I benchmark it everything seems prety normal. (I can try again and post here Screenshots if that helps)

Some say is the PSU. I didnt try to RMA it because i just bought it but I can do that easily.

I beieve is the Radeon Drivers. Maybe it could be an harware incompatibility or RAM wrong timing or maybe just bad temps. But hardware issue? everything is new ?

Also I have to mention that I got a crash while I was browsing ONLY 1 TIME. never happened again since i disabled harware accelerator at my browser and malwarbytes.

11 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

ram in slots 2 and 4?

Yes! Just like the manual suggests. B2* and A2*. In other words 2 and 4 slots.

here is the minidump file that shows the crash

atikmdag.sys - VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE

So i suppose it's drivers problems. I'll try again DDU.

minidump file.txt

• 3 weeks later...

I see no one can help me. No replys since i posted here my problem. I' ll some updates of my problem. 

I still have the reboot problems. Tried everything. But I can play CoD warzone for hourw without problem. Also Metro with a reboot after 4 hours of gameplay. Those are the games I didn't have a problem with. Everything else I tried before make my oc reboot. (All updates have done and latest drivers) 

Did a check at my SSD because its the only thing that is old in my pc. Health is at 47% but i dont think that causes the reboots. 

I will buy an NVMe M.2 in couple of days to do a clear install there of the OS to see if solvea the problem. Also I will go back my PSU to get it check. 

If anyone out there knows anything or had experience same problem before please help me. 

• 4 weeks later...

Helo, bear with me cause english is not my first language. I built my pc on August 2019 and have exactly problem like yours which is random reboots during gaming.

My spec is, ryzen 3600, (Deepcool gammax GTE cooler)

b450 steel legend,

Asus Strix rx 5700 xt, (today i try, to use 2 pcie cable from PSU to GPU and same still random reboot)

TForce Delta rgb ram 16gb 3200mhz - XMP ( XMP or not still got random reboot while gaming)

Cooler Master MWE 750w Gold (this one is new, i tot the problem was bad PSU but after change problem still persist.)

disk - 2 sata ssd 128gb and 256gb, PNY m.2 nvme 1tb, and a 500gb hardsik

The restarts can happen at anytime in the game, sometimes 5 minutes in game my pc restart and sometimes i can play for 4 to 5 hours. it is so random. Before it random reboot, my monitor went black, my speaker got 'trrrrrr' or 'brrrrrr' for 3 to 4 seconds then my PC restart. The games that had this issue is RDR2, apex legends, once with insurgency sandstorm and the one im playing now Borderlands 3. I never got this problem with CSGO, R6,  Control -  i dont know maybe it takes more time for the game to crash. 

I only know that, i never had peace in mind whenever i want to play games on PC. and i had spent sooooooooo much money for this PC and i dont think i can afford to but a new one for another 4 5 years. 

I had done so many trying to solve this problem, DDU radeon driveas and try many driver version from 2019 and 2020,

uninstall update chipset driver, update to latest BIOS, thinkering stuff in the BIOS, increase decrease SOC voltage, Manually key in RAM speed, change to new power supply, use two pcie cable to GPU, memtest Ram and windows memory diagnostic extended and all no problem. 

I forgot to mentioned, temperature is not a problem with my PC, CPU during gaming is around 55 to 63 C and GPU around 60 to 75 C.

Today, i tot that i had found the ultimate solution using 2 pcie cable from psu to gpu, after that BAMMMMM in the face, my pc random restart while playing borderlands 3. 

I dont know what to do next, everyday i try to find new solution. now im tired of looking for solution. i try to find solution from november 2019 till this day. 

If only i could turn back time, i will put in some more money and just get and settle with intel CPU and RTX 2070 super(any brand will do) not this AMD PIECE OF %^^&%(#.............

Anyone please help us... please.. how to fix this problem

Edited by DanOss

2 hours ago, DanOss said:

Helo, bear with me cause english is not my first language. I built my pc on August 2019 and have exactly problem like yours which is random reboots during gaming.

b450 steel legend,

Asus Strix rx 5700 xt, (today i try, to use 2 pcie cable from PSU to GPU and same still random reboot)

TForce Delta rgb ram 16gb 3200mhz - XMP ( XMP or not still got random reboot while gaming)

Cooler Master MWE 750w Gold (this one is new, i tot the problem was bad PSU but after change problem still persist.)

The restarts can happen at anytime in the game, sometimes 5 minutes in game my pc restart and sometimes i can play for 4 to 5 hours. it is so random. Before it random reboot, my monitor went black, my speaker got 'trrrrrr' or 'brrrrrr' for 3 to 4 seconds then my PC restart. The games that had this issue is RDR2, apex legends, once with insurgency sandstorm and the one im playing now Borderlands 3. I never got this problem with CSGO, R6,  Control -  i dont know maybe it takes more time for the game to crash. 

I only know that, i never had peace in mind whenever i want to play games on PC. and i had spent sooooooooo much money for this PC and i dont think i can afford to but a new one for another 4 5 years. 

I had done so many trying to solve this problem, DDU radeon driveas and try many driver version from 2019 and 2020,

uninstall update chipset driver, update to latest BIOS, thinkering stuff in the BIOS, increase decrease SOC voltage, Manually key in RAM speed, change to new power supply, use two pcie cable to GPU, memtest Ram and windows memory diagnostic extended and all no problem. 

I forgot to mentioned, temperature is not a problem with my PC, CPU during gaming is around 55 to 63 C and GPU around 60 to 75 C.

Today, i tot that i had found the ultimate solution using 2 pcie cable from psu to gpu, after that BAMMMMM in the face, my pc random restart while playing borderlands 3. 

I dont know what to do next, everyday i try to find new solution. now im tired of looking for solution. i try to find solution from november 2019 till this day. 

If only i could turn back time, i will put in some more money and just get and settle with intel CPU and RTX 2070 super(any brand will do) not this AMD PIECE OF %^^&%(#.............

less than a year, so you have warranty still i hope? return the system where you bought it and let them solve it? :)

Today I installed driver version 19.12.1(As AMD recommend it to me after i contact them). I had the same problem again. Then I changed from DP to HDMI and played Wolfenstein Colossus at Full HD with 75hz. I was able to play for 3 hours without a crash.  Don't know if this means anything. Bit I also don't have issues with Temperatures. I'm in the same spot with u. Don't know what to do. Still waiting for a miracle. If I have something new I'll post again. 

On 4/28/2020 at 8:50 AM, DanOss said:

b450 steel legend,

For what it’s worth I have an Intel CPU and an EVGA 2070 super and experiencing the EXACT same symptoms as you and have no idea what to do about it either. I have tried so many trouble shooting ideas that I am to wits end on what to do outside of literally buying completely all new components.

This is an ages old issue. It's tough to diag a blue screen.  

So those with this issue can try some quick remedies. 

• Check video card drivers. Use different versions. Older and newer.
  • Check system memory settings. If using 4 sticks, try with just 2 or even perhaps 1.
  • Checking windows updates.
  • Lower Gpu memory clocks a little bit. 
  • Different PSU. Yes, I've read a PSU replaced cured one gentleman's troubles.
  • Try only one display - Yes multiple displays have caused this issue in the past.
  • Run CMD in administrator mode. type SFC.EXE /SCANNOW (this takes a little bit of time to complete)

If any of these help your situation, please say which one to help others. Even if the fix is not on the list, because there's probably more ways to repair this issue.

3 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

This is an ages old issue. It's tough to diag a blue screen.  

So those with this issue can try some quick remedies. 

• Check video card drivers. Use different versions. Older and newer.
  • Check system memory settings. If using 4 sticks, try with just 2 or even perhaps 1.
  • Checking windows updates.
  • Lower Gpu memory clocks a little bit. 
  • Different PSU. Yes, I've read a PSU replaced cured one gentleman's troubles.
  • Try only one display - Yes multiple displays have caused this issue in the past.
  • Run CMD in administrator mode. type SFC.EXE /SCANNOW (this takes a little bit of time to complete)

If any of these help your situation, please say which one to help others. Even if the fix is not on the list, because there's probably more ways to repair this issue.

I don’t want to speak for the others, but I didn’t read everyone was getting a blue screen. Mine just hard restarts itself. No blue screen whatsoever.

Just now, MrFedEx503 said:

I don’t want to speak for the others, but I didn’t read everyone was getting a blue screen. Mine just hard restarts itself. No blue screen whatsoever.

I should have worded that differently huh? It's similar to a blue screen. 

The video card driver crashed and the recovery wrote error to or from system memory. So the OS shuts down "just in case" to save hardware failure because the OS doesn't know why the error occured, it assumes a hardware fault.

GL.

Helo, i think i had found the solution for this, i had sent email to AMD last two days regarding the "PC random restart during gaming". i got reply from them yesterday, and i follow every step and i did improvised some of the step the gave me. After that, Im just so happy, I think i found the ULTIMATE FIXED for this problem.. Please read carefully, Step 3a is the one that i improvised and it is very important. am so happy to share it with you guys. Below is the email:

I understand that your experiencing issue regrading random black screen and reboot while playing games on your system equipped Radeon RX 5700 XT GPU.

In order to properly debug the issue, I would require some additional details about your system and let me know the following:

·       Please make sure OS is updated to the latest version.

·       I request you check the issue status by disabling hardware acceleration in applications running in the background such as web browsers or Discord.

This issue could cause due to multiple reason like driver files conflicts etc and I request you to give a try by performing clean installation of latest 20.4.2 driver or the available driver to your OS by using the DDU utility.

I suggest you to please disable the windows auto update in the "Show and hide" tool

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/3183922/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-windows-update-from-reinstalling-in-windo

To be on the safer side, I request you to please create System Restore point before performing any troubleshooting steps.

·       Step 1 – Please use DDU Utility (Display Driver Uninstaller) by launching it in Safe mode and uninstall the previous driver. It will help you completely uninstall AMD graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind.

·       Step 2 – then restart your computer again and enter into the normal windows mode.

·       Step 3 - install all the critical and recommended updates from Windows. (make sure windows is not installing the display driver)

Step 3a – In case windows go update and install their shitty AMD driver  to RX 5700 XT,  go to device manager, and uninstall Display Adapter.          Make sure wifi is on metered connection so that, windows wont install the update automatically. After that, use “Show and Hide” tool to disable and Hide the AMD driver from windows (Advanced Micro Device – MEDIA time and date – 10.0.1.6). Doing this will prevent windows to install this display driver in the future so that it won't crash with the real AMD radeon driver and software that we are going to install later on and I believe it is the culprit of PC random reboot/restart while gaming.

·       Step 4 – Again restart the computer and then install 20.4.2 drivers by clicking this below link. Please disconnect the network connection and disable antivirus before running the installer file.

I also want to add something, we can make RX 5700 XT memory clock speed not stuck at 1750 mhz by changing our monitor refresh rate from 144 hz to 142 hz. By doing so, our GPU memory will be at steady 200 mhz when idle and the temperature and power consumption will decrease greatly. We can change the monitor refersh rate with Radeon Software. I did all this fix guys and now i can play borderland 3 without single hiccup. I hope this will be the fix for you guys as well. Nvidia and AMD. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ultimate Fix for PC Random Reboot While playing games.

1)      Fresh Install Windows 10 (Totally disconnect PC from internet) (License Key – can be activate later)

2)      After installing windows, Directly disable “Device Installation Settings”. (Control panel >System Security>System>Change Settings>Hardware tab and disable DIS.

3)      Press Windows+R key, Type in “gpedit.msc” and enter. Under Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>Windows Component>Windows Update. After that, choose “Do not include drivers with Windows Update”and ENABLE it. (by doint step 2 and 3, windows will never download and install any driver for PC’s hardware esp – GPU,chipset and audio.)

4)      Restart PC

5)      Connect PC to internet

6)      Activate Windows 10 license key.

7)      Update and Install latest Windows Quality and Features Update until there is no more to update. Use Show and Hide tool to hide problematic updates. (No drivers will be download and install)

😎      Restart PC

9)      Disconnect from internet

10)   After having the latest version of Windows update, now we need to stop windows from auto update any updates in the future when the pc are online.

a)      This step same as step no 3, but now we choose “Configure Automatic Updates” and Disabled it.

b)      Next step is windows + R key and type services.msc,then search for Windows Update and click it. At Startup type choose Disabled and Stopped the services status. (These two step will halt any windows auto update) . We can manually update windows by enabling the windows update again in services.msc.

11)   Restart PC

12)   Disconnect PC from internet and disable antivirus

13)   Install latest AMD GPU DRIVER and AMD Chipset Driver. (download both installer upfront)

14)   Restart PC

15)   Reconnect internet

16)   Disable Hardware acceleration for Internet browser like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.

17)   And download other software and Windows can be use.

Finally I found the fix for pc frequent random rebooting while gaming. Windows must never install DRIVERS update. Hardware driver install manually like AMD GPU DRIVER AND SOFTWARE and CHIPSET. The windows need to be on the latest version or in other word, install latest updates. GPU and Chipset must be latest driver. Windows update and driver update must be disable after updating to latest one. Hardware accelaration for Browser need to be DISABLE all the time. This is the first time i left my PC on with Borderlands 3 running for more than 10 hours and have no random reboot crash or whatsoever. Everything is okay. You are welcome to try this fix. you are welcome to email me as well if you all have any questions regarding this matter because i have been trying to find the proper fix or solution for this problem since late November last year until i found the fix on 14.5.2020. All the best,.

my email. dan99007@gmail.com

Thanks for everyone who replied. I'll try these 2-3 fixes everyone posted and ill post back news. Right now I'm at 19.12.1 driver version. Everything was ok And then had my first crash when windows did a security update at the background. ( Tried to unistall without success) After that update my pc kept crashing at any game. So finally I can also believe its windows updates the problem. 

So. See you in a week. :)

• 2 weeks later...

So. I think I found the problem.

3 days ago I changed my tune setting for my gpu. I underclock ( I think thats how we call it) my GPU from default settings (2050mhz or something like that and 1050mv or something) to 1905mhz and 999mv. And also ajust my fan curve. Now I can play for hours and days without random restarts and of course at high settings. 

What do you think about it? I think it is a PSU problem which cant provide enough power for my components to run games. I'm aking for your opinion before buying more wattage PSU. 

Thanks again everyone!

57 minutes ago, Lefy8880 said:

So. I think I found the problem.

3 days ago I changed my tune setting for my gpu. I underclock ( I think thats how we call it) my GPU from default settings (2050mhz or something like that and 1050mv or something) to 1905mhz and 999mv. And also ajust my fan curve. Now I can play for hours and days without random restarts and of course at high settings. 

What do you think about it? I think it is a PSU problem which cant provide enough power for my components to run games. I'm aking for your opinion before buying more wattage PSU. 

Thanks again everyone!

🤔 I'm willing to bet that the GPU itself is the issue, especially looking at your mini dump file. The RX 5700XT is a piece of doo doo butter. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Despite AMD releasing drivers claiming to fix these issues, quite a few people continue to have them. The card itself is clearly faulty by design so no amount of driver updates is going to fix this turd. I'd replace it with either an RX 5700 (non 'XT' version) or an RX 5600XT. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

12 hours ago, BlackManINC said:

🤔 I'm willing to bet that the GPU itself is the issue, especially looking at your mini dump file. The RX 5700XT is a piece of doo doo butter. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Despite AMD releasing drivers claiming to fix these issues, quite a few people continue to have them. The card itself is clearly faulty by design so no amount of driver updates is going to fix this turd. I'd replace it with either an RX 5700 (non 'XT' version) or an RX 5600XT. 

The minidump file is very old. I dont have that type of issue anymore. I mean drivers isn't a problem now. This 3 days was my best days since I build my pc. Playing 1440p high settings without a problem. I dont know exactly what fixed it. All I did was change some settings in adrenaline. 

Also I dont think that rx5700xt is a bad gpu. Its good. Very good. I was lucky and got it for only 250euros. When the price was at 580euros. So yes. It was the best option at the moment. For that reason I cant change it 😂

I test it for a week to see if problem with the reboots will come back. I post back here for news. 

( I Still believe that PSU is the problem here 🤔)

14 minutes ago, Lefy8880 said:

The minidump file is very old. I dont have that type of issue anymore. I mean drivers isn't a problem now. This 3 days was my best days since I build my pc. Playing 1440p high settings without a problem. I dont know exactly what fixed it. All I did was change some settings in adrenaline. 

Also I dont think that rx5700xt is a bad gpu. Its good. Very good. I was lucky and got it for only 250euros. When the price was at 580euros. So yes. It was the best option at the moment. For that reason I cant change it 😂

I test it for a week to see if problem with the reboots will come back. I post back here for news. 

( I Still believe that PSU is the problem here 🤔)

🙂 Well, whatever you changed, the world would certainly like to know because this GPU is still giving some people hell. In any case, three day's really isn't a big enough gap from the last time the issue occurred to say with absolute certainty that the issue was resolved. This goes for any issue for that matter. But since you insist the PSU is the culprit, which GPU do you have from the list below? Is it a Red Devil GPU? Generally, you'll want to double the wattage the manufacturer recommends for the GPU. Based on whats listed here, I would have bought an 850 watt PSU at a minimum, if not 1,000 watts.

Link: PowerColor Red Devil Radeon™ RX 5700 XT (Limited Edition) 8GB GDDR6  (700w minimum)

Link: PowerColor Red Devil Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6  (700w minimum)

Link: PowerColor Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6  (600w minimum)

Link: PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6  (650w minimum)

You'll also want to make sure it has these protections at a minimum. 

• OVP (Over Voltage Protection)
    UVP (Under Voltage Protection)
    OCP (Over Current Protection)
    OPP (Over Power Protection)
    SCP (Short Circuit Protection)
    OTP (Over Temperature Protection)

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

helo, I already did all the methods you mentioned above. EVERYTHING... ive change my PSU to Cooler Master MVE Gold 750watt. use two pcie cable from psu two gpu. ive tried everything, you named it...the random reboot while gaming is so UNPRIDICTABLE. it can happen any time. Sometimes i play 30 minutes, then it restart and sometimes my pc didnt restart for hours and even days. But sadly, no matter what fix i tried... the random reboot problem is still there, whenever i thought i had found the solution for the random reboot, where i can play for 8 to 9 days without a single random restart, then day 10 the RANDOM REBOOT problem happen again. which is super frustrating.. So, on last sunday, on 31.5.2020, i surrender and had sold my ASUS rog strix rx 5700 XT. Bought it on 10.10.19 worth RM 2170 and sold it for RM 1000... it is a big loss to me. luckily the buyer aware with amd gpu problem, and he want to try his luck with my gpu. Now, i had to use back my GTX 970 from 2015 on my PC and now i want to save money for NVIDIA next new lineup. Hopefully the 3000 series come sooner, i cant really play games with gtx 970 on 1440p 144hz monitor.. Im very sorry for sharing the fixed for the amd random reboot problem, i tought, i found the solution, but i was wrong the random reboot was never gone. ULTIMATE LESSON LEARNED for me, I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANY GPU FROM AMD in the future. Hope the best for you guys.

@DanOss

Yeah, the RX 5700XT is AMD's true blunder for sure. No amount of driver updates will 100% solve its issues, because I think the real problem is that its pushing the RDNA architecture to its limits. This is why its a total dud me thinks. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

On 6/2/2020 at 5:24 AM, BlackManINC said:

🙂 Well, whatever you changed, the world would certainly like to know because this GPU is still giving some people hell. In any case, three day's really isn't a big enough gap from the last time the issue occurred to say with absolute certainty that the issue was resolved. This goes for any issue for that matter. But since you insist the PSU is the culprit, which GPU do you have from the list below? Is it a Red Devil GPU? Generally, you'll want to double the wattage the manufacturer recommends for the GPU. Based on whats listed here, I would have bought an 850 watt PSU at a minimum, if not 1,000 watts.

Link: PowerColor Red Devil Radeon™ RX 5700 XT (Limited Edition) 8GB GDDR6  (700w minimum)

Link: PowerColor Red Devil Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6  (700w minimum)

Link: PowerColor Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6  (600w minimum)

You'll also want to make sure it has these protections at a minimum. 

• OVP (Over Voltage Protection)
    UVP (Under Voltage Protection)
    OCP (Over Current Protection)
    OPP (Over Power Protection)
    SCP (Short Circuit Protection)
    OTP (Over Temperature Protection)

The third one. Link: PowerColor Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6  (600w minimum)

Reporting back after few days without reboots. (Using right now 20.5.1 drivers). Problem came back. Still havent changed my PSU.

Finished two games - Assasins Creed Black Flag and the Rogue. Also played for 2-3 days GTA V.

Then I open Unity and here we go again. Same with Syndicate. I played for about 15 min and had a hard Crash. Tried 3 different tunings and dif powerplans still the same.

When i open Unity my GPU sounds like turboing to max for no reason while I'm in the menu. Don't know why. Seems like reboots happen to certain games only now.

Tried everything. One thing that seems to solved my problem for this few days was after I was turning off my pc I also set to OFF my PSU.

any ideas?

55 minutes ago, Lefy8880 said:

The third one. Link: PowerColor Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6  (600w minimum)

Reporting back after few days without reboots. (Using right now 20.5.1 drivers). Problem came back. Still havent changed my PSU.

Finished two games - Assasins Creed Black Flag and the Rogue. Also played for 2-3 days GTA V.

Then I open Unity and here we go again. Same with Syndicate. I played for about 15 min and had a hard Crash. Tried 3 different tunings and dif powerplans still the same.

When i open Unity my GPU sounds like turboing to max for no reason while I'm in the menu. Don't know why. Seems like reboots happen to certain games only now.

Tried everything. One thing that seems to solved my problem for this few days was after I was turning off my pc I also set to OFF my PSU.

any ideas?

🤔 Well are you getting any mini dump files when the crashes happen? If you are, you should post them so we can see what they say. And you know what, it could be your PSU, but it could just as easily be the motherboard itself, that is IF the issue is really due to lack of power. Whenever people start complaining about random reboots, the first suspect I always look at is the motherboard. I look for more professional reviews when I can, but I have found Reddit to be a decent source too, fuck ton of nerds on that website alone.

This one guy in the link below says that your motherboard has the worst VRM heat sinks he's ever seen. I find language like that to be quite alarming, specifically considering you are trying to run high performance apps like video games. If the heat sink really is that bad, then you are just asking for trouble. It could either be your power supply, your GPU, or the motherboard itself, unless there is something else we're missing. You can of course take what he says with a grain of salt since the tier list in the second link says your motherboard should be able to handle your specs, listing the R5 3600 as one of the components.

I didn't say it's trash I said it's disappointing because ASUS gave it one of the worst VRM heatsinks I've ever seen. Other than that as long as you don't raise the VRM switching frequency the VRM will at worst get into the low 100s(which are fine) when running Prime95.

Link: Asus Prime X470-PRO

Link: Motherboard Tier List v2

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

15 hours ago, BlackManINC said:

🤔 Well are you getting any mini dump files when the crashes happen? If you are, you should post them so we can see what they say. And you know what, it could be your PSU, but it could just as easily be the motherboard itself, that is IF the issue is really due to lack of power. Whenever people start complaining about random reboots, the first suspect I always look at is the motherboard. I look for more professional reviews when I can, but I have found Reddit to be a decent source too, fuck ton of nerds on that website alone.

This one guy in the link below says that your motherboard has the worst VRM heat sinks he's ever seen. I find language like that to be quite alarming, specifically considering you are trying to run high performance apps like video games. If the heat sink really is that bad, then you are just asking for trouble. It could either be your power supply, your GPU, or the motherboard itself, unless there is something else we're missing. You can of course take what he says with a grain of salt since the tier list in the second link says your motherboard should be able to handle your specs, listing the R5 3600 as one of the components.

Link: Asus Prime X470-PRO

Link: Motherboard Tier List v2

No minidump files. For days now. Since the new drivers. I checked my VRM temps. They seems fine. I'll run again the games that hard crash and see the temps and usage for everything. Do you know any good program that keeps log file of those?

32 minutes ago, Lefy8880 said:

No minidump files. For days now. Since the new drivers. I checked my VRM temps. They seems fine. I'll run again the games that hard crash and see the temps and usage for everything. Do you know any good program that keeps log file of those?

Its not the vrm's its the heat sink he had an issue with apparently being shit quality. I don't know of any programs that monitor VRM's in particular though. The app in the link below might do it. I use it myself, I'm just not sure if it monitors VRM's. But if you are just looking for an app that monitors game performance, MSI Afterburner is one of them. 

Link: https://www.trigonesoft.com/index.php/download

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10