Looking for OS

Nano Adam

I switched to Lineage OS yesterday and have been facing an issue of where the battery level isn't told correctly. 

you said android, so is it a emulated device on pc or a real phone?

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

1 hour ago, Snowarch said:

you said android, so is it a emulated device on pc or a real phone?

Real Device. Would you have any advice for the battery issue? 

well, how long have you had the phone? samsung phones/tablets usually die after 3-4 four years, or well the batterys do. and is battery % enabled in settings? 

I use remix os in a virtual box on pc. dont know if is a phone version.

main rig:

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

backup

well, how long have you had the phone? samsung phones/tablets usually die after 3-4 four years, or well the batterys do. and is battery % enabled in settings? 

Wasn't Remix just discontinued? If OP is looking for a phone version of Linux, I recommend SailfishOS. As for LineageOS, it only runs on certain devices, as far as I know.

well, i don't know about that, but main game i played on phone didn't work after i got a new one and since, in my expirence native linux emus, asside from anbox sometimes, fail or are expensive. so i just use remix for some games.

main rig:

backup

51 minutes ago, hsdjfh said:

What device?

well, i don't know about that, but main game i played on phone didn't work after i got a new one and since, in my expirence native linux emus, asside from anbox sometimes, fail or are expensive. so i just use remix for some games.

2 hours ago, FakeCIA said:

Wasn't Remix just discontinued? If OP is looking for a phone version of Linux, I recommend SailfishOS. As for LineageOS, it only runs on certain devices, as far as I know.

2 hours ago, Snowarch said:

9 hours ago, huilun02 said:

D2TMO is the T-Mobile version of the Galaxy S3 (model T999)

The most advanced ROM made for this device on XDA appears to be a SlimRom based on Android 6 (stable)

I never had or used any variant of Galaxy S3. I have never installed or used any version of SlimRom. Are there other custom ROMs for this device model based on Android 6 or later? I don't know. Is it a good rom? I don't know. Does it have a certain feature? I don't know. Is the battery life good? I don't know. Will it cure cancer? I don't know. How to install? Please refer to the XDA developer thread and ask any questions there.

Thank you and good luck.

Edit: seems there are other roms available at Android 6 and later.

Thank you very much. I am currently deciding to stay on Lineage OS, however will use this thread in the future just in case. 

Maybe try a Factory Reset, or boot into Recovery Mode, and do a "Cache Wipe" and a "Dalvik Cache Wipe".

Also, charge your phone to 100%; and use it untill it shuts down by itself (i know, it's healthier to keep it between 30-80%~), do this maybe 2 or 3 times.
Maybe that helps.

While it's true, you don't need to calibrate the battery itself, and there is no memory eff e ct, but the Software could be reading the voltage numbers wrong. MAYBE that helps.

Just my personal thinking here: An Original Rom from the Manufacturer can be tweaked correctly, because the Software should know exactly which battery is on.
A Custom Rom that's not based on the Manufacturer's Stock Rom could have some missing information there, and isn't reading it correctly for the first few cycles.

Or maybe i'm completely off here, and that's not true. But i think it's worth a try :P