Can't connect to TrendNET TEG-448WS Switch

PenguinMaster

I got a TRENDnet TEG-448WS B3.0R switch a while ago, but I can't configure it. I downloaded the "TRENDnet Management Utility" Software from their website and it located the switches IP Address as 192.168.0.1. My router and home network are using 192.168.1.- right now. When I press the configure button in the utility it doesn't let me change any settings, they just go back to the way they where. I'm not sure why this is happening, but I can't access the web interface when I type in the IP Address. Please help. I tried to SSH into it using Tera Term also.

If you need me to follow up on something, please quote or tag me.

5 minutes ago, Chickenfans said:

I got a TRENDnet TEG-448WS B3.0R switch a while ago, but I can't configure it. I downloaded the "TRENDnet Management Utility" Software from their website and it located the switches IP Address as 192.168.0.1. My router and home network are using 192.168.1.- right now. When I press the configure button in the utility it doesn't let me change any settings, they just go back to the way they where. I'm not sure why this is happening, but I can't access the web interface when I type in the IP Address. Please help. I tried to SSH into it using Tera Term also.

The problem is: you're trying to access the new switch from a different subnet.

Disconnect the new switch from any network equipment that you have and connect it directly over ethernet to your computer. Configure that computer's network adapter with static IPs (assuming your switch's IP is 192.168.1.1)...

IP address: 192.168.1.200
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Primary DNS: 192.168.1.1

Apply settings, then go to 192.168.1.1 in your browser to enter the switch's admin interface. Change the IP address and subnet to match your existing network and then you can connect it to your routers/etc.

5 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

Disconnect the new switch from any network equipment that you have and connect it directly over ethernet to your computer. Configure that computer's network adapter with static IPs (assuming your switch's IP is 192.168.1.1)...

Apply settings, then go to 192.168.1.1 in your browser to enter the switch's admin interface. Change the IP address and subnet to match your existing network and then you can connect it to your routers/etc.

Yep that worked, thanks!

15 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

By any chance do you know how to update the BIOS on a Dell PowerEdge r210 II?

6 hours ago, Chickenfans said:

By any chance do you know how to update the BIOS on a Dell PowerEdge r210 II?

Unfortunately, no. If they're issuing BIOS firmware updates they should also give instructions in their support documentation. Try going to the product's support page.