Desktop notification doesn't dismiss notification on the page

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

This isn't a bug. I agree that it sucks, but it has been suggested several times to IPS without success.

Browser, version and OS: 

Chrome Version 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

macOS Catalina

basically, if i get a desktop notification and click it, it takes me to the page the notification was for, but it doesn't dismiss it on the site, so i have to click notifications twice just to dismiss it. 

i've experienced this on Windows and Linux too, and finally was fast enough with starting the screenrecording that i was able to capture it. i don't know if it's supposed to dismiss it or not but i find this insanely annoying. 

screencapture:

She/Her

This isn't a bug. I agree that it sucks, but it has been suggested several times to IPS without success.

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

ah gotcha. it looks like a bug that's why i decided to report it. it sucks that this annoyance can't be fixed for now though... 

She/Her

I've had that happen as well, from my understanding it's because the desktop notification is separate from the notification menu.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!