Why is FireFox so slow?

blu4

I use chrome 99% of the time but I just started to use firefox too so I have dual accounts open and stuff like that on websites.

I noticed that firefox takes drastically longer to load stuff compared to chrome. Also the spellcheck sucks too, I can type a word incorrect the same way and firefox will have nothing or wrong words but chrome usually has the right word show up

anyway Firefox will be so slow I think its my Internets fault but ill go on chrome or even opera and while FF is still loading the web page I can browse flawlessly on the other browsers. I only have Adblock + nord on firefox as extention and on chrome I have like 8+.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

side by side comparisons have not yielded great slowness for me. Do you have chrome on an SSD and firefox on an HDD perhaps?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I use FF and Chrome. Even side by side, they act almost the same. Chrome is a tad slower for me actually. I only have two extensions on either browser: Adblock Plus and Honey. Maybe uninstall FF and install the 64bit version?

On my machine Firefox (64bit) is slightly faster than Chrome (64bit) actually.

Maybe you are using DNS-over-HTTPS in one and not the other? Depending on the setup and DoH server it could be slightly slower.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

Is that NordVPN? Ofcourse VPN will slow page loading, you can change default search engine to google if you want same auto correct as chrome...

1 minute ago, RageTester said:

Is that NordVPN? Ofcourse VPN will slow page loading, you can change default search engine to google if you want same auto correct as chrome...

I don't have the VPN on and Google is the default browser in FF Ive always had it that way.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

20 minutes ago, Inkz said:

Idk, I have no problems with speed on FF.

I have having a problem and I need help. This does not help. Just trying to get your post count up or what? I see zero reason as to why you commented this. Thanks for the Help pal

It may depends on what powerful your computer is. Hardware acceleration may work different in FF and Chrome depends on hardware. Try to disable hardware acceleration in FF and check.

This is not uncommon - older browsers works faster on older computers. Opera 6 for example works much faster on my old Pentium 160MHz than Opera 7. After hardware upgrade result was opposite. When I tried old Opera 6 after years, I noticed that it was really slow browser. But not for very old PC. So, your hardware may be ok for Chrome acceleration, but not for FF.

The load cache is probably the issue. When did you start using Firefox?

8 hours ago, Inkz said:

Idk, I have no problems with speed on FF.

Quality answer! IGN 10/10

/s

Anyways. I can just say that page loads are bit slower. Not something you would notice on longer use. It's not laggy or anything like that. But as I use FF as 1st and Opera as 2nd, Opera tends to be tad faster.

As for spellchecker, do you use English or something else? FF uses open source dictionary. Same which is used in LibreOffice for example. With English it's enough for me. I Google the word if it fails me. With Finnish I rather copy-paste into Office Word for spellcheck.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv