Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rans

Radeon Software custom resolution help

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello, my TV can support 1080i (interlaced) only but i can't seem to find the right configuration in the radeon software. here is my setting
image.png.0399e30c34d4fb300193ae9944b4a9ea.png

Even if i try other Timing Standard i get this message
image.png.cccf9d30028988147fe0e64df7b77458.png

Can anyone please help me? Thanks

Are you sure it's a 60Hz tv?

...is there a question here? 🤔

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Are you sure it's a 60Hz tv?

image.png.5f64c63c63b452f387af0a81556e2539.png

it says from here it can support 60hz.

but i already tried lowering the refresh rate to 50, even 30. but when i click Okay. it still says the custom resolution settings are not compatible

My TV support 1440p 120hz, but if I try to set it in the AMD drivers it wont work.

I have to do it through Windows for whatever reason.

My Gaming PC:
Asus Strix RTX 2080 2150MHz core, 8000MHz memory
i7 8700k @4.95GHz delid + a fuckton of voltage (1.36V LLC6, yeah its a below average OCer) - NZXT x72
G.Skill Trident Z @3450MHz 32GB CL15 (3466 and 3200 mixed CL16) OC
Asus Maximus X Hero
Samsung 840 PRO 128GB (Windows)
Samsung 860 EVO 1TB (Games)
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (Stuff)
Seagate Expension Desk 4TB (Shadowplay and Backups)
Corsair RM-850X

Lian Li O11Dynamic
ROG SWIFT PG258Q  240hz

Razer Viper Ultimate / Endgame Gear XM1 / Logitech G Pro Wireless (Corepad Skatez) 
Ducky One 2 TKL RGB MX Blue/Silver (One 2 Mecha Mini soon?)

My Silent Multimedia PC:

Ryzen 2700 @4GHz 1.337V - Noctua NH-D15

Powecolor RX 5700 XT Red Devil 2030MHz Core, 935MHz Memory, undervolt

G.Skill Aegis 3200MHz (3000 kit)

MSI B450 Pro Carbon

Kingston A400 240GB (Windows) + 480GB (Games)

Corsair RM-650

Be Quiet Silent Base 601 with 1x 140mm Noctua exhaust from my D15

Samsung Q60R (4k 60hz for Windows, 1440p 120hz Freesync for gaming)

Logitech G Pro Wireless

Ducky One 2 Mini MX RED

Just now, Noah0302 said:

My TV support 1440p 120hz, but if I try to set it in the AMD drivers it wont work.

I have to do it through Windows for whatever reason.

The windows won't detect 1080p. It only detect the 768p.
but before (i have nvidia card) i can switch to 1080p from windows display setting.

1 minute ago, rans said:

it says from here it can support 60hz.

but i already tried lowering the refresh rate to 50, even 30. but when i click Okay. it still says the custom resolution settings are not compatible

Then I'm guessing the timing settings are incorrect for your TV. To be honest it's weird that it's not being detected as a 1080i display from the start... can't you select 1920x1080 in Windows' display settings?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Then I'm guessing the timing settings are incorrect for your TV. To be honest it's weird that it's not being detected as a 1080i display from the start... can't you select 1920x1080 in Windows' display settings?

With this card no.
image.png.8f95cab2b981d72bb636e761364a494e.png

but before i upgrade from (gtx 1050 ti) i have the 1920x1080p option here in windows display setting

Also another note if i just entered a Progressive presentation even a 1920x1080. it will accept but when i try to change to that resolution the tv won't show anything. just a black screen.

6 minutes ago, rans said:

With this card no.
image.png.8f95cab2b981d72bb636e761364a494e.png

but before i upgrade from (gtx 1050 ti) i have the 1920x1080p option here in windows display setting

Try going to Display Settings> Advanced Display Settings > Display adapter properties for Display 1>List All Modes and check if you can see a 1920x1080 resolution there

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

Try going to Display Settings> Advanced Display Settings > Display adapter properties for Display 1>List All Modes and check if you can see a 1920x1080 resolution there

Hello, 
Yes i can see 3 1080p
image.png.295c4db4a17fba0749f6d370fde1e79c.png

But when i try each of them it just result a black screen with (no signal) hdmi message

4 minutes ago, rans said:

Hello, 
Yes i can see 3 1080p
image.png.295c4db4a17fba0749f6d370fde1e79c.png

But when i try each of them it just result a black screen with (no signal) hdmi message

Looks like for some reason your graphics card doesn't support your TV very well ? try updating or reinstalling your driver.

What gpu is this by the way?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

Looks like for some reason your graphics card doesn't support your TV very well ? try updating or reinstalling your driver.

What gpu is this by the way?

I've just updated it before posting it here. 
its rx 5700xt Driver version 20.2.2

sux cant watch 1080 movies anymore lol

6 minutes ago, rans said:

I've just updated it before posting it here. 
its rx 5700xt Driver version 20.2.2

sux cant watch 1080 movies anymore lol

Try contacting AMD support, this isn't supposed to happen so maybe it's a bug they can investigate. Or maybe they can help you figure out the correct custom timings.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler