I have $700 to spemd and want a good pc

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6rmYL2 what should i change? im new to this so i need some smart ones to lmk.

or if you want to save a few bucks stick with the 2600 CPU over the 3600

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

What @Lurick linked is a much better build for only $60 more, and would be well worth the extra $60. You have no need for Mcafee absolute hogwash, Windows 10 has Windows Defender and using a free program like Malwarebytes would be all you need. A solid state drive is 100% necessary for any modern computer gaming or otherwise.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

You already have a post regarding this topic. No need to make a new one.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

You could likewise do something like this for significant gains:

(For reference, the RX 5700 XT is almost entirely comparable to the 1080Ti. You're looking at a 1050Ti.)

2 hours ago, CashTheOriginal said:

Both are a pretty easy beat, as I demonstrated on your other post:

• 1 month later...

prebuilding it. pcpartpicker is prefered. just lmk whats good because im not educated about this stuff

-= Topic Moved to New Builds and Planning =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Can you tell us what you'd like to do on the PC?  Is it for work?  Gaming?  Simple tasks like browsing the web and watching Netflix?  Also, are you shopping in the US?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

11 minutes ago, CashTheOriginal said:

prebuilding it. pcpartpicker is prefered. just lmk whats good because im not educated about this stuff

Is your budget for the case and inner parts only, or should we include monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers / headphones? Truth be told, even if it's just the computer itself, you aren't getting anything as good as you think you may with $700 only.

$700 build

8 hours ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

Is your budget for the case and inner parts only, or should we include monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers / headphones? Truth be told, even if it's just the computer itself, you aren't getting anything as good as you think you may with $700 only.

Good is purely subjective. Even with peripherals included, you can build a PC that will do 60FPS at 1080p high/ultra in modern games.

Compared to almost any 5 year old PC (certainly those at a median price point), a Ryzen 5 2600 and RX 580 is a massive improvement.

You can set a bar higher, but realistically that's more than any console is doing. I don't think it's our place to tell people their budget or their future build isn't "good."

8 hours ago, CashTheOriginal said:

Since we don't know if you need monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc. included; here is a build with those things included:

• 1600AF is hands down the best bang for your buck processor on the market. It's a Ryzen 5 2600 with the memory controller of a 1600 (so they call it a 1600 as not to falsely advertise. It's a classy move from AMD to clear out old stock.)
  • Solid MOBO and RAM
  • The MX330 is another budget gem. I would buy this case again. Good airflow, PSU/HDD cage, good cable management, and cheap!
  • A solid 144hz Freesync gaming monitor. (You could grab one with less refresh rate to bring in the budget a bit, but I'd honestly move things around for $30 for this.)
  • S101 is great mouse and keyboard combo for the dollar.

Here is a build without those things (in case you've got them laying around):

• Same guts, I've just added a more powerful graphics card.
    • The comparable AMD cards like RX 5600XT are also good options (in some cases more powerful than this RTX 2060). They can have some required workarounds with the drivers and stuff. Based on the post content, I'm assuming perhaps that your comfort level is low for stuff like that. I went with the plug and play option.

2 hours ago, trevb0t said:

I saved it to favorites for future use, but why can't I get this to pop up in pcp when I search it??

Don't know, I did the same as you

3 hours ago, trevb0t said:

Good is purely subjective. Even with peripherals included, you can build a PC that will do 60FPS at 1080p high/ultra in modern games.

Compared to almost any 5 year old PC (certainly those at a median price point), a Ryzen 5 2600 and RX 580 is a massive improvement.

You can set a bar higher, but realistically that's more than any console is doing. I don't think it's our place to tell people their budget or their future build isn't "good."

He didn't state the purpose of the build, so one can only assume. It is my place to say my opinion in a public forum, like it or not. I had a build saved at about USD1,000 for the PC only, but I didn't push it before knowing more about his needs. Depending on the answer I would downgrade the right parts and then present it.

48 minutes ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

He didn't state the purpose of the build, so one can only assume. It is my place to say my opinion in a public forum, like it or not. I had a build saved at about USD1,000 for the PC only, but I didn't push it before knowing more about his needs. Depending on the answer I would downgrade the right parts and then present it.

I think what you said is right, depending on if you can salvage old parts and general stuff like monitor, case, fans, psu etc. you can make enormous upgrades to your new parts while staying in budget.

4 hours ago, trevb0t said:

I don't think it's our place to tell people their budget or their future build isn't "good."

I don't know if we read different posts but he did not say that at all. Tho i think you can make a good upgrade with 700 bucks but i can't see that if you have to buy everything without compromising on performance.

I am NOT a native english speaker and use translate a lot, please do not take it literally and bear with me.

$700 build

- Threads Merged and moved to New Builds & Planning. -

Please don't keep making new threads every time you change something in your parts list. Also please check to make sure you're posting in the correct forum.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450