Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
name66

34" ultrawide objects on sides stretched

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello, i just bought 34" UWQHD 120hz gsync monitor, absolutely love the screen except in gaming not so much :D I noticed that size of objects change a lot just by moving with mouse ( small in the middle, streched on sides) is there a way how to prevent it ? As you can see the rock is small when its in the middle and big / streched when on side, even though i am standing at the same spot. Or is it specific for ultrawide technology ? Really love the panel but I would have to return it if there is no way arround. THX

88191422_953045138431065_8641297513187377152_n.jpg

That has everything to do with the game's setup and view angle...try setting it to 90 degrees...play with it till it looks ok.

4 minutes ago, Stu_Bear said:

That has everything to do with the game's setup and view angle...try setting it to 90 degrees...play with it till it looks ok.

thanks for the answer -> default setting as on photos is FOV of 90. Tried pretty much every FOV nothing helps

5 hours ago, name66 said:

Hello, i just bought 34" UWQHD 120hz gsync monitor, absolutely love the screen except in gaming not so much :D I noticed that size of objects change a lot just by moving with mouse ( small in the middle, streched on sides) is there a way how to prevent it ? As you can see the rock is small when its in the middle and big / streched when on side, even though i am standing at the same spot. Or is it specific for ultrawide technology ? Really love the panel but I would have to return it if there is no way arround. THX

88191422_953045138431065_8641297513187377152_n.jpg

Adjusting field of view is supposed to fix it to a certain degree. It's just a few fps games that will display this. Maybe racing games. Some FPS games have absolutely no problem like that at all. That's based on my experience with my Predator X34P. I really wouldn't return it. Ultrawide monitors are awesome. I'm never going back (only that I do, when working at an iMac at my office lol)

8 hours ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

Adjusting field of view is supposed to fix it to a certain degree. It's just a few fps games that will display this. Maybe racing games. Some FPS games have absolutely no problem like that at all. That's based on my experience with my Predator X34P. I really wouldn't return it. Ultrawide monitors are awesome. I'm never going back (only that I do, when working at an iMac at my office lol)

thanks for the response. So far every fps game i tried did it. Apex, Borderlands, Rage 2. In rage 2 really low FOV almost fixed it , but that low FOV wasnt  enjoyable at all. But I will try more games then . Coz otherwise really love the screen its alienware aw3418dw just resizing of objects is very annoying.

2 hours ago, name66 said:

thanks for the response. So far every fps game i tried did it. Apex, Borderlands, Rage 2. In rage 2 really low FOV almost fixed it , but that low FOV wasnt  enjoyable at all. But I will try more games then . Coz otherwise really love the screen its alienware aw3418dw just resizing of objects is very annoying.

I barely play any FPS games, so that might be the case I don't notice anything. There are a few games that they tune the FOV to your display, like Star Wars Battlefront 2 (maybe the first one as well). Son in the case of this game, even if it shows on the settings fov "x", it will actually be something else adjusted automatically. Hopefully there won't be a problem on Cyberpunk 2077. That an Final Fantasy VII remade are the top ones of the year for me.

Well, depends on game how it handles FoV and aspect ratios. Some don't properly support 21:9 but just stretch it, those that do can show you more with higher FoV with less distortion. 

Personally I play Apex Legends on 16:9 110 FoV which I like. I guess you can just fiddle with FoV to see what fits you, or maybe play with black bars or return the monitor, your choice really. 

Ryzen 7 3800X | X570 Aorus Elite | G.Skill 16GB 3200MHz C16 | Radeon RX 5700 XT | Samsung 850 PRO 256GB | Mouse: Zowie S1 | OS: Windows 10

25 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Well, depends on game how it handles FoV and aspect ratios. Some don't properly support 21:9 but just stretch it, those that do can show you more with higher FoV with less distortion. 

Personally I play Apex Legends on 16:9 110 FoV which I like. I guess you can just fiddle with FoV to see what fits you, or maybe play with black bars or return the monitor, your choice really. 

Don't tell him to return. He may listen ?

16 minutes ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

Don't tell him to return. He may listen ?

Well, I mean not sure how much he cares, or what he plays mainly. I play a lot of fps and even use 4:3 at times so there's that. But yeah I guess he could experiment with FoV more to find the balance I guess.

Ryzen 7 3800X | X570 Aorus Elite | G.Skill 16GB 3200MHz C16 | Radeon RX 5700 XT | Samsung 850 PRO 256GB | Mouse: Zowie S1 | OS: Windows 10

4 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Well, I mean not sure how much he cares, or what he plays mainly. I play a lot of fps and even use 4:3 at times so there's that. But yeah I guess he could experiment with FoV more to find the balance I guess.

Ultrawide is the biggest cheat you can use for League of Legends. You get extra screen, not like Dota 2 where you get black bars. You can see enemies coming from a loooong distance.

It is the main reason I have a 16:9 gaming rig and a 21:9 gaming rig.

One of my all time favorite games is Skyrim(2011 version) and it does not like 21:9 at all.  It is strange since Oblivion, Fallout 3 and NV do it alot better but not perfect.  

For Fallout 4 I use mods to do 21:9.

Sometimes the program Flawless Screen fixes the issues but I rarely use it now.  https://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/

RIG#1 CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 ti FTW3 ULTRA | PSU: Corsair CORSAIR AX860W | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 2TB | Monitor: LG 38" 3840 x 1600 75hz

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 ti XC | PSU: Corsair RMx1000W | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV  

Rig#3 CPU: Intel i7 6700k | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-Pro | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 ti | PSU: Corsair 650 | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | Cooler: Intel | HDD: WD Black 5TB | Monitor: LG 32" 4k 60hz