Custom resolution problem

rans

Hello,

So i recently change system to amd + radeon from intel + nvidia.

Before, i have a television which has native 720p but can support 1080i 

In nvidia i can easily use this higher resolution with single click no problem at all.

After changing to radeon. Im having difficulty creating the custom resolution because the radeon software is asking many options that i dont know. And if i try to use default and set only the resolution, it wont accept... 

My gpu is.

Rx5700xt

Just now, iCypticx said:

you're using a TV instead of a Monitor?

No. Its just good to watch movie on larger screen. And my tv isnt smart tv. It just have hdmi port on it...

Just now, rans said:

No. Its just good to watch movie on larger screen. And my tv isnt smart tv. It just have hdmi port on it...

okay well, what gpu are you running? and can you send a picture of what it looks like when you try and insert a custom resolution to the amd radeon software

8 minutes ago, iCypticx said:

okay well, what gpu are you running? and can you send a picture of what it looks like when you try and insert a custom resolution to the amd radeon software

Hello,
image.png.3422b45d50bd88bed68ad1cbbbdd52a5.pngThis is the default config when i try to click the "create new custom resolution" button.

9 minutes ago, rans said:

Hello,
image.png.3422b45d50bd88bed68ad1cbbbdd52a5.pngThis is the default config when i try to click the "create new custom resolution" button.

hmm, what refresh rate does your monitor run at? it should be on the box or you can search it up using the name

20 hours ago, iCypticx said:

hmm, what refresh rate does your monitor run at? it should be on the box or you can search it up using the name

Hello. Its 60hz. But doesnt work. Even trying to lower the refresh rate. Still says not compatible.

45 minutes ago, rans said:

Hello. Its 60hz. But doesnt work. Even trying to lower the refresh rate. Still says not compatible.

so are you trying to achieve the 1280x768 correct? would 1280x720 still be viable for your needs?

On 3/4/2020 at 8:48 PM, iCypticx said:

so are you trying to achieve the 1280x768 correct? would 1280x720 still be viable for your needs?

im trying to achieve 1920x1080 on my tv. but with my current setting in radeon software i can only go for 1280x768.