Rtx 2080ti Freezing and Can't use DP and HDMI at the same time?

RelentlessAF

Hi there!

I've been having a recurring issue with my RTX 2080ti. Randomly my PC will freeze and then all GPU dependent programs will crash like my game and browser. I can then move the mouse again but it will freeze every few seconds the only way to fix it is a hard reset.

Recently after a freeze and crash when resetting my PC I got no signal on the Display Port Monitor but the HDMI monitor showed up just fine. The second monitor shows up in the display settings and Nvidia control panel but at a weird resolution and windows says I can't detect another display.

The weird thing is if I turn the PC on but only have the DP monitor plugged in it works fine but as soon as I plug the HDMI in it says No Signal again.

I reinstalled windows and it was working with both like normal but as soon as I installed the drivers for the GPU it stopped working again.

I'm not really sure how to fix it but if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it!

My Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB 3200MHz

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix x570-F Gaming

GPU: Evga rtx 2080ti

Psu: Evga supernova G3 650w 80+ Gold

Monitors:

-DP: BenQ 2411P 144hz 1920x1080

-HDMI: Acer something 60hz 1920x1080

Let me know if you need any more info :)

Sounds like a bad pair of drivers. I would downgrade your drivers for now, and if they continue to not work, I would contact EVGA.

I build computers and networks. Fibre Optic is my only dream imaginable. 

Studying for my CompTIA A+ and my CCNA, if you have any tips, let me know please!

Main PC: i5 8400, Saphire RX 570 4GB, ASUS TUF Z370 PLUS Gaming, 32GB 3200MHz Patriot Viper RAM, 256GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 550W Evga PSU.

Home Server: 2x Xeon e5410, 64GB DDR2 ECC

1 hour ago, callmejaccob said:

Sounds like a bad pair of drivers. I would downgrade your drivers for now, and if they continue to not work, I would contact EVGA.

I just tried a driver all the way back from December before it started crashing and same thing. The weird thing is its only as windows is loading it works within the Bios.

So I was able to narrow it down further. Reinstalling Windows and installing a driver works perfectly fine with both connectors. However, if I set my monitor to 144hz in the Nvidia control panel it goes black and disappears from the list of displays. After that I cannot get it to reappear or ever function again unless I reinstall windows.

I recommend using the EVGA forum. They will let you know if it is RMA time.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

Make sure you are installing the right driver. A driver for the same looking card that has more ram can be easily mistaken. If you have installed a driver for a card with more ram then it would explain why it is fine until put under load. when under load it will try to use more ram than it actually has and cause problems.