Motherboard

so im making a new build with the b360f motherboard from Asus and im puttinn in a 9th gen i7-9700k and just to be sure i checked compatbility on pcpartpicker.com to be sure but it said stuff about bios update and i maybe would need another cpu too get it to work with mine but i dont have another so would it be risky to buy?

image.png

4 minutes ago, asger118 said:

so im making a new build with the b360f motherboard from Asus and im puttinn in a 9th gen i7-9700k and just to be sure i checked compatbility on pcpartpicker.com to be sure but it said stuff about bios update and i maybe would need another cpu too get it to work with mine but i dont have another so would it be risky to buy?

image.png

Hello,

If you get a 9700k you need a Z370 bios updated or a Z390 to be able to overclock it, otherwise get a 9700 non k. You'll still need a B365 to work out of the box though otherwise as stated above, you need a bios update.

if you are building new, then id suggest doing quite a few changes. including CPU, GPU, SSD and cooler. depending on the workload offcourse. 

Just now, GoldenLag said:

if you are building new, then id suggest doing quite a few changes. including CPU, GPU, SSD and cooler. depending on the workload offcourse. 

What would you do ? im open for support XD

Just now, asger118 said:

What would you do ? im open for support XD

how much you spending?

what is the usecase?

any special requirements?

about 1800$ lower if possible and im actually doing a lot of stuff.

Mainly gaming in 1440p. but i also do video editing, game development in unity.

my requirements is that in games i want as close to 144fps as possible because my monitor is 144 and in video editing i want it to be a good experients

I'd get a z390 board...doesn't have to be a super expensive model...like z390 pro4 i think ?  It's basically a z370 with the bios up to date, but will squeeze all the juice out of a 9700k.  

EDIT:  That said updating bios isn't horrible...I did mine over the weekend...and by updating I mean I downgraded to an older version to squeeze more juice out of a 8700k.  Turns out newer bios often contain patches to enable more tech at the expense of performance :( 

2 minutes ago, asger118 said:

Mainly gaming in 1440p. but i also do video editing, game development in unity.

my requirements is that in games i want as close to 144fps as possible because my monitor is 144 and in video editing i want it to be a good experients

This should be very good :)

5 minutes ago, asger118 said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($419.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($171.49 @ B&H) 
Memory: OLOy 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($127.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($134.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB BLACK GAMING Video Card  ($675.00 @ Amazon) 
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.00 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Phanteks AMP 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1748.44
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-02 09:06 EST-0500

you can drop the cooler to save some cash there. overkill CPU to cover anything you would ever want to do. 

Its really sweat of you, but i live in denmark and many of the products i cant get here and the prices differ a lot ;(

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($419.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($171.49 @ B&H) 
Memory: OLOy 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($127.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($134.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB BLACK GAMING Video Card  ($675.00 @ Amazon) 
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.00 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Phanteks AMP 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1748.44
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-02 09:06 EST-0500

you can drop the cooler to save some cash there. overkill CPU to cover anything you would ever want to do. 

Its a lot more expensive where i live i can just see that the grapchis card would be 850$ 200 more than where u live ;( 

11 minutes ago, Stu_Bear said:

I'd get a z390 board...doesn't have to be a super expensive model...like z390 pro4 i think ?  It's basically a z370 with the bios up to date, but will squeeze all the juice out of a 9700k.  

EDIT:  That said updating bios isn't horrible...I did mine over the weekend...and by updating I mean I downgraded to an older version to squeeze more juice out of a 8700k.  Turns out newer bios often contain patches to enable more tech at the expense of performance :( 

but doesent u need another cpu to bios update ?

7 minutes ago, asger118 said:

Its really sweat of you, but i live in denmark and many of the products i cant get here and the prices differ a lot ;(

Which is why it's always very helpful to include both your location and use case - next time!

What's your budget in kronen?

1 minute ago, ShinRamen said:

Which is why it's always very helpful to include both your location and use case - next time!

What's your budget in kronen?

12.000kr 

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

there is a denmark pcpartpicker. what's your budget in danish crowns?

12 000kr 

Just now, asger118 said:

12.000kr 

Awesome, thank you. Another question: I saw that a lot of stuff suggested on PCPartPicker would be ordered and shipped from Newegg (US) - wouldn't it be cheaper to order from Germany? Is that a possibility for you?

I would really like it to be from danish sites just because of security reasons, if something goes wrong i would trust companies i know a lot more if u get me ;)

10 minutes ago, asger118 said:

Its a lot more expensive where i live i can just see that the grapchis card would be 850$ 200 more than where u live ;( 

I can asure you, it would be far more expencive where i live than you.

14 minutes ago, asger118 said:

Denmark is relativly cheap compared to what im used to. 

13 minutes ago, asger118 said:

but doesent u need another cpu to bios update ?

Depends on the motherboard.  If you have UEFI then you don't need a CPU to update bios...someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

3 minutes ago, Stu_Bear said:

Depends on the motherboard.  If you have UEFI then you don't need a CPU to update bios...someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

If the Bios doesnt reqognise the CPU, then it wont boot. 

Bios flashback allows you to update the Bios without a CPU. 

Bios flashback is not UEFI. 

Here's the best I can do. I found the 3700X for 2477kr here at komplett.dk
Some parts are from Alternate, it's just way cheaper. Especially if you consider that the shipping fee is added for every single item - you will however only have to pay once if you order in bulk. So instead of 345kr shipping fees yoU'll only pay 69kr.

That makes a total of 11922kr (instead of the below mentioned 12198) - and you get a 3700X, 2080 Super, 1TB SSD, 16GB Ram