Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
adrianisnick27

What’s this black dot on my galaxy s8

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey i just got a hand down s8 from my sibling I knew it had a cracked screen cuz she told me but when I got it there’s also this black dot what is it? It’s near the WiFi and cellular on top And will it spread? I’ve been using it for the past 2 days (going on three) and it hasn’t changed or gotten bigger. I’m planning on getting a screen protector 

BA541C37-F1EF-491C-9D08-F95DEAD76649.jpeg

DBA95954-D0C1-48DF-9640-67A0573B0DAA.jpeg

5F9757A8-23C8-403D-836D-886FBB53B27F.jpeg

I know that on the s10 there is a white dot in the same place that blinks when making a call, apparently it is something to do with the proximity sensor. To me it looks too big to be a dead pixel.

PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (4.7GHz) | Motherboard: ASUS Intel 1151 Socket Z370 Chipset Strix F D4 ATX | RAMCorsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB DDR4 3000 MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme 11Gb | Case: NZXT H440 Black with Red Trim | Storage: Samsung 250 GB 860 EVO SSD + Seagate Barracuda 2 TB HDD | PSU: Corsair RMi Series RM750i | Display: ASUS VG248QE | Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Liquid CPU Cooler | Keyboard: CORSAIR K55 RGB | MouseRAZER DeathAdder Elite

Laptops

2018 MacBook Air | CPU: 1.6 GHz (i5-8210Y) dual‑core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost 3.6 GHz, with 4 MB L3‑cache | RAM: 8 GB of 2133 MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM | GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 617 with up to 1.5 GB LPDDR3 SDRAM | Storage: 128 GB PCIe-based SSD | Display: 13.3", native 2560 x 1600 pixels (16:10, 227 ppi) IPS.

HP Pavillion 14 | APU: AMD A10-5745M with Radeon HD Graphics (2.10GHz) | RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333MHz | Storage: Hitachi 1TB SATA SSD

Phone

iPhone 6s | Space Grey | 32 GB

iPhone 11 Pro Max | Space Grey | 64 GB

Other Tech Products

AirPods 2

iPad Mini 4 | Space Grey 128GB | IOS 12.4

iPad Mini 1 | Space Grey 16GB | IOS 9.3.5

iPod Touch 7th Gen | Space Grey | 32 GB | IOS 12.4

XBOX ONE Day One Edition | 1TB

GoPro Hero 7 Silver

Nintendo DSi XL

Are you sure it isn't just an icon on the phone?

Try going into airplane mode and check if it is still there.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

It's way too big to be a dead pixel. It just looks like it's part of the icon.

Also if you're fine with having tape holding the screen together this would seem like a rather minor problem...

...is there a question here? 🤔

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

Posted · Original PosterOP

You guys are probably right it’s too big to be a dead pixel and It was already present when I got the phone in the set up screen when you first set up the phone and it doesn’t go away in videos.so if it’s not a dead pixel what is it ? and much appreciated for the replies guys!