Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
davidst95

AMD 2700X on a Asrock X570M motherboard with 64GB Ram

5 minutes ago, davidst95 said:

Ok, thats good to know.   If I run a 3800X will it be possible to run all four dimms at that speed or is that a limit of the motherboard?   Also, will manually adjusting any of the other memory settings help?   Thanks again.

That motherboard uses T Topology instead of daisy chain so it should handle 4 dimms better, so yeah I bet a third gen Ryzen would improve memory performance with 4 dimms since it has a better memory controller

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi,  I have a AMD 2700X installed on a Asrock X570M motherboard.   I am trying to install 4x16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB DDR4-3600 PC4-28800 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F4-3600C16D-32GVKC.   I assume I can't run at 3600Mhz with a 2700X but I can't run the memory higher than 2133Mhz at 1.2V.   If I enable XMP or manually adjust to clock speed to st the speed to 2400Mhz or higher it will not boot.   Is there any manual setting I need to chance or is this memory just incompatible?   Also, if I swap the 2800X for a newer 3600X or 3800X will I have the same issue?   Any advice will greatly be appreciated.   Thanks!

David

2 minutes ago, DG House said:

you sure thats a 2800X ?

i google it and found only rumors about that CPU

Sorry, I mean a 2700X ?   Edited my mistake.

If you manually set the voltage to like 1.4 or 1.5 volts and set the frequency higher, does it work?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

The x570 chipset has a Bios for the 3000series

and also the Moatherbaord has proberly problmes with the Power, its a low end x570 so maybe its just not cabable to run at this speeds

30 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

If you manually set the voltage to like 1.4 or 1.5 volts and set the frequency higher, does it work?

Thanks for the reply.   I removed 2 of the dimms and was able to run the other 2 at 3200Mhz when I increased the voltage to 1.4.   Is there any long term damage running at a higher voltage?

23 minutes ago, DG House said:

The x570 chipset has a Bios for the 3000series

and also the Moatherbaord has proberly problmes with the Power, its a low end x570 so maybe its just not cabable to run at this speeds

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately I need a matx motherboard.   If I use a 3000 series CPU will I have better luck?   Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.   I removed 2 of the dimms and was able to run the other 2 at 3200Mhz when I increased the voltage to 1.4.   Is there any long term damage running at a higher voltage?

not really, ram voltage is meant to be a lot higher than CPU voltage, and ram is pretty indestructible

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

not really, ram voltage is meant to be a lot higher than CPU voltage, and ram is pretty indestructible

Ok, thats good to know.   If I run a 3800X will it be possible to run all four dimms at that speed or is that a limit of the motherboard?   Also, will manually adjusting any of the other memory settings help?   Thanks again.

Posted · Best Answer

That motherboard uses T Topology instead of daisy chain so it should handle 4 dimms better, so yeah I bet a third gen Ryzen would improve memory performance with 4 dimms since it has a better memory controller

Primary PC:

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

7 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

what Mobo? If pro4 microATX, I believe those are T-topology, therefore, good choice for 4 modules. Just like Phantom Gaming 4.

Check whether your board has T-topology or daisy chain:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wmsTYK9Z3-jUX5LGRoFnsZYZiW1pfiDZnKCjaXyzd1o/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#

Thanks for the link!   I have a Asrock X570M Pro4.