Gaming specifically Fortnite and some h.264 encoding in Premiere Pro

3. Monitors

144hz 1440p Ultrawide 

4. peripheral

Windows 10 

5. Why are you upgrading

I want to

PCPartPicker Part List: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/jPvZWb

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($364.00 @ Shopping Express) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12A 60.09 CFM CPU Cooler  ($157.00 @ Austin Computers) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z390M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($207.09 @ Amazon Australia) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($136.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($150.69 @ Amazon Australia) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB BLACK GAMING Video Card  ($869.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.00 @ Scorptec) 
Power Supply: EVGA GD (2019) 600 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($111.10 @ Newegg Australia) 
Case Fan: Thermaltake Riing Plus 12 RGB TT Premium Edition (3 Fan Pack) 48.34 CFM 120 mm Fans  ($119.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Total: $2262.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-02 02:08 AEDT+1100

I have SSDs and HDDS sitting around so I don't need to buy them. I am interested in eventually fitting a custom water cooling loop. As this would be my first water cooled pc I want something working in the meantime. Also can I get similar fps with a Ryzen 3700x and a B450 and have a more obvious upgrade pathway?

Edited by danielerror

2 minutes ago, danielerror said:

1. Budget and location 

$2000 and live in Australia

2. Aim

Gaming specifically Fortnite and some h.264 encoding in Premiere Pro

3. Monitors

144hz 1440p Ultrawide 

4. peripheral

Windows 10 

5. Why are you upgrading

I want to

PCPartPicker Part List: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/jPvZWb

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($364.00 @ Shopping Express) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12A 60.09 CFM CPU Cooler  ($157.00 @ Austin Computers) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z390M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($207.09 @ Amazon Australia) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($136.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($150.69 @ Amazon Australia) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB BLACK GAMING Video Card  ($869.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.00 @ Scorptec) 
Power Supply: EVGA GD (2019) 600 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($111.10 @ Newegg Australia) 
Case Fan: Thermaltake Riing Plus 12 RGB TT Premium Edition (3 Fan Pack) 48.34 CFM 120 mm Fans  ($119.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Total: $2262.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-02 02:08 AEDT+1100

I have SSDs and HDDS sitting around so I don't need to buy them. I am interested in eventually fitting a custom water cooling loop. As this would be my first water cooled pc I want something working in the meantime. Also can I get similar fps with a Ryzen 3700x and a B450 and have a more obvious upgrade pathway?

You'll be better off with a 3700x and b450 combo tbh either way.

Also nvme ssds do not bring any benefit to gaming what so ever so if you want to save some money remove that and get a sata drive or use one of the ones you have around.

The ryzen cpu can also run just fine on the stock cooler so you can again save a fair bit of money there.

If you want cheaper rgb look into aigo stuff.

All in all I would for sure switch to amd where you will get the same fps but way more headroom for future things + not run into issues when all 6 cores are being taken by a game and you have like twitch or youtube open in the background.

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

7 hours ago, jaslion said:

You'll be better off with a 3700x and b450 combo tbh either way.

Also nvme ssds do not bring any benefit to gaming what so ever so if you want to save some money remove that and get a sata drive or use one of the ones you have around.

The ryzen cpu can also run just fine on the stock cooler so you can again save a fair bit of money there.

If you want cheaper rgb look into aigo stuff.

All in all I would for sure switch to amd where you will get the same fps but way more headroom for future things + not run into issues when all 6 cores are being taken by a game and you have like twitch or youtube open in the background.

I read on cpubenchmark "With strong single-core scores, the 3700X should offer very strong gaming performance but in reality it is let down by its memory controller, which, although significantly improved over previous Ryzen iterations, still has limited bandwidth and high latency. The heavily hyped 3700X offers real world gaming performance comparable to the $80 USD entry level 4-core, 4-thread Intel Core i3-9100F. At $320 USD, the 3700X offers reasonable value to full time media encoders but general desktop users, gamers and even streamers should look elsewhere" If the only benefit to the 3700x is cheaper multithreaded performance, maybe my specific case of h.264 encoding and gaming, specifically Fortnite warrants an Intel chip? pic_disp.php?id=56273

7 hours ago, Wolfycapt said:

pretty high end fortnite rig. MX150 and 720P is enough for me lol. idk i just want to say that

There is always one :)

3 hours ago, danielerror said:

I read on cpubenchmark "With strong single-core scores, the 3700X should offer very strong gaming performance but in reality it is let down by its memory controller, which, although significantly improved over previous Ryzen iterations, still has limited bandwidth and high latency. The heavily hyped 3700X offers real world gaming performance comparable to the $80 USD entry level 4-core, 4-thread Intel Core i3-9100F. At $320 USD, the 3700X offers reasonable value to full time media encoders but general desktop users, gamers and even streamers should look elsewhere" If the only benefit to the 3700x is cheaper multithreaded performance, maybe my specific case of h.264 encoding and gaming, specifically Fortnite warrants an Intel chip? 

userbenchmark doesn't give a fuck about anything better than a quad core CPU, so don't bother with them when looking for benchmarks.

Cost.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

userbenchmark doesn't give a fuck about anything better than a quad core CPU, so don't bother with them when looking for benchmarks.

Cost.png

Good stuff to know, thanks