Sync Corsair SPEC case RGB with Gigabyte Fusion 2 RGB header?

maestro_it

I have a Corsair Spec-06 RGB case with front RGB led strip, which is only connected to the "Corsair SP lighting" controller, without any software control. And I would like to have it controlled with the Fusion 2 rgb software (it is not the best, but that's what I have).

According to Corsair pinout layout, the header to the SP controller is the same 5v/Data/GND as the ARGB header, and you can find cable converters online. will they work?

I tried connecting the case led strip to the motherboard with breadboard jumper wires, but the pc didn't even boot.

any help to have the case leds be controlled via Fusion RGB software is appreciated.

Computer: AMD 5900x | PNY RTX 4080 | 32GB DDR4-3600 GSkill Neo | Corsair RM750x

Monitor : Dell 27" 1440@165Hz (S2721DGFA)

6 hours ago, maestro_it said:

I have a Corsair Spec-06 RGB case with front RGB led strip, which is only connected to the "Corsair SP lighting" controller, without any software control. And I would like to have it controlled with the Fusion 2 rgb software (it is not the best, but that's what I have).

According to Corsair pinout layout, the header to the SP controller is the same 5v/Data/GND as the ARGB header, and you can find cable converters online. will they work?

I tried connecting the case led strip to the motherboard with breadboard jumper wires, but the pc didn't even boot.

any help to have the case leds be controlled via Fusion RGB software is appreciated.

ya should work.

rgb strip

my pin out guide

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

ya should work.

rgb strip

my pin out guide

WOW, Great guide.... and it works !!!!

I kept the +5/GND connected to the Corsair SP lighting controller, and only* connected the Data pin from the case to the Data pin on the motherboard, and it works just as expected !!!

*is it ok to connect just the data pin? will the motherboard expect ground from the pin?

Computer: AMD 5900x | PNY RTX 4080 | 32GB DDR4-3600 GSkill Neo | Corsair RM750x

Monitor : Dell 27" 1440@165Hz (S2721DGFA)

8 hours ago, maestro_it said:

WOW, Great guide.... and it works !!!!

I kept the +5/GND connected to the Corsair SP lighting controller, and only* connected the Data pin from the case to the Data pin on the motherboard, and it works just as expected !!!

*is it ok to connect just the data pin? will the motherboard expect ground from the pin?

i don't really no i just seen other guides use the ground so if it works with out then good. some one with electronics nolage would no that reason.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links