Help!! RGB SSD still on with NO POWER??

terbiume65

After I switched my 1060 for a RX5700XT, the light of my XPG ME RGB SSD has its lights still on even after I power off my build. So I investigated the problem. I plugged the power supply cable off and to my surprise the lights are still on??? It's been lighting up without the power cable FOR 30 MINUTES NOW. I thought I shorted something and investigated everywhere but I don't think I did. Please help I am worried and this is so weird

Welcome to the joys of standby power modes and capacitors. This is what people that think rgb ssd are a good idea deserve ?. In all seriousness though, current gen on-board rgb controllers suck at maintaining settings and behaving properly after power down 

I was tempted to say you had discovered a perpetual motion machine and all our energy needs were solved forever but...

The RGB controller must have a really fat capacitor!

if day == Friday:

Celebrate()

28 minutes ago, AndrewCam100 said:

The RGB controller must have a really fat capacitor!

Should I be worried or could anything be done to solve this? I am touching it, but an hour after the cable's off I feel like it's still 50℃ with voltage still passing through. 

43 minutes ago, Arrogath said:

Welcome to the joys of standby power modes and capacitors. This is what people that think rgb ssd are a good idea deserve ?. In all seriousness though, current gen on-board rgb controllers suck at maintaining settings and behaving properly after power down 

I was tempted to say you had discovered a perpetual motion machine and all our energy needs were solved forever but...

So I am just unlucky and that swapping out my GPU somehow glitched my standby power mode for my SSD? 

I just want a rainbow build :(

should I be worried tho? It feels like it's still running hot an hour after the PSU cable is detached