New laptop recommendations

Hello all. Im looking to buy a laptop so i can play games on the go and do some slight video editing using davinci resolve. Some games i plat are the witcher 3, overwatch, destiny 2, rainbow 6 seige, apex legends, warframe. What can i get worth buying for my budget of $800 - $900 usd?

Dell G3 or Lenovo Legion Y540 are the only real options for that price.

14 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Ok. Ill check em out. Thanks

1 recommendation - Do not buy the Lenovo Legion series. They are great laptops for the price, but they are not that durable AT ALL. Not to mention that these are a complete pain in the ass to troubleshoot (see my previous posts). 

Reminder 

The IIA rule applies here:

I'm mostly speaking from experience so what I say may not work

I may be a complete asshole in some threads but I swear that I won't lie

Anyways, I am always glad to help

43 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Ok

3 minutes ago, skNDstry said:

1 recommendation - Do not buy the Lenovo Legion series. They are great laptops for the price, but they are not that durable AT ALL. Not to mention that these are a complete pain in the ass to troubleshoot (see my previous posts). 

Ok. Thx for the recommendation. 

While looking up the Dell g3s. I came across acer nitro 5. Is that a good laptop i should compare with dell g3?

59 minutes ago, ChooseNewName said:

While looking up the Dell g3s. I came across acer nitro 5. Is that a good laptop i should compare with dell g3?

No. The Nitro model is not very good in terms of cooling and electrical design. The Y540 is also a very good machine. Quality and durability are where you'd expect them to be for a budget laptop. I've got no idea why the user above is hating on ALL legion models considering how different they are. I'd say he's not being objective but rather had one bad experience before and is now against the brand as a whole. 

2 hours ago, 5x5 said:

No. The Nitro model is not very good in terms of cooling and electrical design. The Y540 is also a very good machine. Quality and durability are where you'd expect them to be for a budget laptop. I've got no idea why the user above is hating on ALL legion models considering how different they are. I'd say he's not being objective but rather had one bad experience before and is now against the brand as a whole. 

Ok thank you very much. I might lean more towards the y530 then. Thanks so much for your help

5 hours ago, ChooseNewName said:

Ok thank you very much. I might lean more towards the y530 then. Thanks so much for your help

Get the Y540, not the 530. The 530 is not as good

34 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Get the Y540, not the 530. The 530 is not as good

oops, i meant y540. Thx