Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
James carter.

Bottleneck

Posted · Original PosterOP

I wanna  ask about something, i have an intel core i7-4770 and I'm getting a gpu gtx 1660 super, i have 16gb ddr4 ram, will my cpu bottleneck badly or is it ok? I will be upgrading my cpu to core i7-7700 but I'm asking bout now till i upgrade it, will it be a bad combination for my current cpu and the gpu I'm getting? If so how badly will it act? 

Thanks guys. 

It will be fine.

Why would you upgrade to i7 7700 from i7 4770? It makes no sense at all, you cant even use the same RAM and motherboard and you will barely see an improvement in CPU performance.

Depends on the game, res and expected fps and settings.

If its a cpu intensive game it may struggle.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 8700k, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-H, G.Skill TridentZ 16GB, EVGA 1080TI SC Black, EVGA 850 GQ, Acer xG270HU 2560x1440@144hz

Spare RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 4770K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 32Gb, EVGA 1080sc & 1060 SSC, Corsair CX850M, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz 

Not really a worthwhile upgrade IMO, unless you can get the 7700, a motherboard, and RAM for really cheap. The 1660 would do just fine with that i7-4770.

AMD Motherboard Tier List  GPU Cooling Tier List  PSU Tier List  Noctua NF or Corsair ML?  Google Stadia Early Consensus

NOTE TO NEWCOMERS Remember to 'Reply' to comments in order for people to see them, this can be done by clicking the arrow icon at the bottom of a comment (Quote).

My Builds:

Blueberry Pi  R7 3800X Asus X470 ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi ATX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x16GB 3200MHz  EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB  EVGA 850W P2  Cryorig R1 Universal (Blue)  Corsair ML Pro Blue LED Fans  Fractal Design Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower

Gaming PC  i7-8700k OC@5.1GHz (Delid)  Asus Z370-G Gaming Wi-Fi mATX  Corsair Vengeance LED (Blue) 2x16GB 3000MHz  EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 Gaming iCX 8GB  EVGA 750W P2  Corsair H100i Pro  Corsair ML RGB Fans  Thermaltake Versa H18 TG mATX Case

Mini Work PC  R7 1700  Asus B450-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000MHz (White)  Asus RX 580 Dual Series 8GB  Corsair SF 450W  Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML120L RGB  Noctua NF-F12 Chromax Fans  Silverstone Sugo SG13WB Mini ITX Case

SFF ITX Home PC  i7-6700k  MSI B250I Gaming Pro Wi-Fi AC ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 2800MHz  Intel Integrated Graphics  Seasonic SSP Flex ATX 300W PSU  Cryorig C7  Velka 3 rev 1.2 Mini ITX Case (Grey)

Laptop  Dell XPS13 (2017)  i7-7550U  16GB DDR3 RAM  Intel Integrated Graphics  1TB NVME M.2  QHD+ (4K) InfinityEdge Touch Display 

Sold PC's  Big White

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, WereCat said:

It will be fine.

Why would you upgrade to i7 7700 from i7 4770? It makes no sense at all, you cant even use the same RAM and motherboard and you will barely see an improvement in CPU performance.

i know i can't use the same ram , i will be changing the whole motherboard with ddr4 rams and the gtx 1660super  the only old thing would be the cpu , that's why i asked about the bottleneck , and the reason i'm upgrading to 7700 is the budget, can't upgrade to higher  , and i heard it's perfect match with the gpu and everything in my new upgraded pc , thanks for replying , it was great help , so you see that i don't change the cpu? wouldn't it make difference ?

8 minutes ago, James carter. said:

i know i can't use the same ram , i will be changing the whole motherboard with ddr4 rams and the gtx 1660super  the only old thing would be the cpu , that's why i asked about the bottleneck , and the reason i'm upgrading to 7700 is the budget, can't upgrade to higher  , and i heard it's perfect match with the gpu and everything in my new upgraded pc , thanks for replying , it was great help , so you see that i don't change the cpu? wouldn't it make difference ?

The i7 7700 is not worth it at all. It would be a stretch to even call it an upgrade.

Save a bit more money and rather get Ryzen 5 3600 instead.