Dedicated laptop gpu won't work

ZEr3F

I have a pretty old laptop that was given to me by my Father. It's a SONY VAIO PCSB19GG.

I have completely done a fresh windows 10 pro installation on it. Every time I am trying to use my dedicated AMD gpu the screen just goes black and never goes back to normal. But when I use the integrated intel HD , I face no problems. I have tried uninstalling with DDU a couple of times already yet the problem still persists. I have a bit of knowledge about computers and troubleshooting but this time I just need some help. Any inputs would be appreciated.

PS. I also can't find any BIOS download from the manufacturer's website itself as it have been apparently obsolete for quite awhile now.

Driver issue sounds like.  Maybe finding some old drivers might help.  I’ve had issues with old GPUs and new OS stuff.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Driver issue sounds like.  Maybe finding some old drivers might help.  I’ve had issues with old GPUs and new OS stuff.  

I actually have tried to install legacy drivers and such, no luck. been stuck with the same issue for quite awhile now. thinking that it's on the hardware side..

8 minutes ago, ZEr3F said:

I actually have tried to install legacy drivers and such, no luck. been stuck with the same issue for quite awhile now. thinking that it's on the hardware side..

If it is there’s probably not a lot that can be done.  Parts for laptops are notoriously hard to find.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

14 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

If it is there’s probably not a lot that can be done.  Parts for laptops are notoriously hard to find.

Yeah I'm well aware.. Just a bit disappointed at myself on this one. Thanks bud!