icue 465x RBG fan questions

Alistaire

The case I want to purchase has 3 built in fans. I have 2 questions about that before I actually do so;

- After doing a little bit of research on the motherboard I want to buy (which is the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite), I found out it only has 2 fan headers. Does that mean I can't hook up one of the build-in fans to it? Or do they run on their own?

- Will the 3 fans be enough to keep my pc cool or is it necessary to get additional fans?

The reason I like the icue 465x because it comes with 3 RGB fans. It's my first build, so RGB is still hype for me.

I would like it if both answers to these questions are positive. But if that isn't the case, which case would you recommend?

Rest of my build if needed; 

On 2/28/2020 at 9:53 PM, Alistaire said:

- After doing a little bit of research on the motherboard I want to buy (which is the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite), I found out it only has 2 fan headers. Does that mean I can't hook up one of the build-in fans to it? Or do they run on their own?

One header can power multiple fans up to a limit. The limit is defined as 1A (amp)in 99% of instances. Each fan will list how much amps it draws, and the icue 465 uses the Light Loops fans, which according to the website draws 0.3A. 

image.png.d716a621952aeb080a3acdd914c2feae.png

You can use a 3 to 1 fan spliter (assuming the case doesnt already come with some kind of fan hub or spliter of it's own) and plug all the fans to one header without issue.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25