Windows update Mic problem

Tran

Windows has been forcing me to update to their latest update for awhile now and every time I do, the update some how messes with my microphone (audio technica at2020) and makes me sound muffled/like a robot. This forces me to revert back to the older version of Windows I was in. I've tried messing with the sample rate while on the new update (it was in 2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz CD quality at default) and they all sounded the same to my friends.

I'm kind of tired having to revert updates when Windows randomly updates, and I'm just wondering if anyone has ran into this problem and have they found a solution. 

Is it USB version or what do you use between it and PC? Does it only happen with that mic? If you use 3.5mm directly to mobo, that works fine? Also does this happen locally, online or both? And on every software?

Because its most likely driver conflict behind it if its locally. In which case reinstalling drivers for whatever is the interface should fix it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Is it USB version or what do you use between it and PC? Does it only happen with that mic? If you use 3.5mm directly to mobo, that works fine? Also does this happen locally, online or both? And on every software?

Because its most likely driver conflict behind it if its locally. In which case reinstalling drivers for whatever is the interface should fix it.

No its the XLR version and is feed to the obvious power supply to power the mic and then to a 3.5mm (connected to the mobo). I havent tested with other mics, as I don't have any other but I know for a fact that it a all around problem as the mic is messed up on every software. As when I turn on the option to hear myself, I even hear myself every robotic/muffed. 

40 minutes ago, Tran said:

No its the XLR version and is feed to the obvious power supply to power the mic and then to a 3.5mm (connected to the mobo). I havent tested with other mics, as I don't have any other but I know for a fact that it a all around problem as the mic is messed up on every software. As when I turn on the option to hear myself, I even hear myself every robotic/muffed. 

Reinstall audio drivers and see if that helps. There's really nothing else to do, other than wait if MS patch it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Set not only mic to 16bit 44100, but also output to the same frequency.