Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stipz

Cryorig XT140 Ticking Noise

Posted · Original PosterOP

It's making a ticking sound similar to when a drive needle is acting up during a read cycle, one of the scariest things I don't like hearing from my PC.

I thought at first it was either of my hard drives creating the noise because those are fairly new and not much data has gone through them.

I was able to isolate the noise and surprised to find out that it was coming from my CPU Cooler which is a Cryorig R1 Universal

the noise is coming from the thin fan, the XT 140, I unclipped it from the heatsink and checked the axle lock,

that thin plastic washer that keeps the bearings in and prevent them from coming off has loosened.

I flattened the plastic washer and put it back in and the noise is gone, a day later it's making a noise again and most likely the washer came off again.

Not sure if taking a plastic washer from a different fan would solve the problem because I'm think it's likely to come off again since it's of the same material.

I'm thinking of other ideas for a fix at the moment, maybe someone else had this problem too and I would like to know how others repaired theirs.

Nova B.R.E.A  - (Binary Remote Electronic Assistant)

Main Parts

Intel Core i7-9700k @ 4.3Ghz - Cryorig R1 Universal - AsRock Phantom Gaming 9 - T-Force Nighthawk 8gb x 2 @ 3200Mhz

GALAX GTX 1070 Ti - Cooler Master H500P White - Corsair RM 750x

Storage

ADATA SX8200 256 Gb - GIGABYTE UD Pro 256 Gb - Western Digital Blue 1 Tb - Western Digital Blue 4 Tb

Peripherals

Dual PHILIPS 246E7QDSW 23.6" IPS/PLS Panel - Logitech Z313 - Corsair Void Pro RGB White wireless - Redragon YAMA K550W

Roccat Nyth - Wacom Bamboo Pen&Touch 4x6"

Posted · Original PosterOP

overbending this plastic washer somehow fixed it. It's no longer coming off to make that ticking noise again so far. I'll look into making a clip lock by bending paperclips if those could work.

IMG_20200229_012557.jpg

Nova B.R.E.A  - (Binary Remote Electronic Assistant)

Main Parts

Intel Core i7-9700k @ 4.3Ghz - Cryorig R1 Universal - AsRock Phantom Gaming 9 - T-Force Nighthawk 8gb x 2 @ 3200Mhz

GALAX GTX 1070 Ti - Cooler Master H500P White - Corsair RM 750x

Storage

ADATA SX8200 256 Gb - GIGABYTE UD Pro 256 Gb - Western Digital Blue 1 Tb - Western Digital Blue 4 Tb

Peripherals

Dual PHILIPS 246E7QDSW 23.6" IPS/PLS Panel - Logitech Z313 - Corsair Void Pro RGB White wireless - Redragon YAMA K550W

Roccat Nyth - Wacom Bamboo Pen&Touch 4x6"

If its still under warranty, RMA. They should accept that for just fan.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I don't have too much experience with the XT140, but I have had bearing issues with its big brother XF140. Cryorig was very responsive and very quick with the RMA.

Unimatrix 8086 - i7-8086K - GTX 960. It's got a damn GTX 960. I'm tired of 5700 XTs not working out, so it has a monkey fartin' GTX 960. - AsRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/AC - 16 GB HyperX Fury DDR4-2133 - 1TB Western Digital Black SN750 M.2 NVMe - 500GB Toshiba XG5 NVMe - 3x 1TB Inland Professional - 960GB SanDisk Ultra II - Corsair SF600 - Cougar QBX - Deepcool Gammaxx C40