PSU Placement Conversion

So i got a new case like 6 months ago and i have my old PC case still in the closet but i was thinking of modding it for the fun of it and for experimenting reasons before modding my own personal rig.

it's an old generic Proline wokstation pc case (photos added) and i'd like to improve it a bit and make it look a bit more modern, they only problem for me is the PSU is top mounted and i want it bottom mounted. I can't really find info related to PSU placement modding, there are a few but there from like the medieval ages so most of the links is broken. 

Is there anyone that has done this before and has some pictures for me i can use for ideas and so on. The case is also going to be sprayed (again) and so on, want to add more fan holes, remove the top 5.25 bays and the 3.25 bays and only keep the ones that still look alright because you'll see i already chopped one up for the GPU to fit when i 1st got it 10 months but i bought a new case not long after that because i got a new mobo and it was to big for the puny Proline Case.

Images attached 1-7 is the case i want to mod like i described before, please help get rid of that ugly face of that PC

The last Image is the results i'm looking to get after everything is modded, after a quick assembly to see if everything fits i will take it apart and follow the nessecary and detailed steps of painting a case and so on.

Any feedback will be helpful and pictures of cases like these that are also modded so that i can use some of them for inspiration.

thanks in advance ladies and gents :)

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.jpg

Prefered layout for finale.png

CPU: i5 4670k @4.1ghz | GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB | MB: Gigabyte Z97P-D3H | RAM: 4x4GB Generic | SSD: Gigabyte 240GB  

PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 650 watt | Case: Cougar MX330G

7 minutes ago, KENBAL420 said:

it's an old generic Proline wokstation pc case (photos added) and i'd like to improve it a bit and make it look a bit more modern, they only problem for me is the PSU is top mounted and i want it bottom mounted. I can't really find info related to PSU placement modding, there are a few but there from like the medieval ages so most of the links is broken. 

Honestly, buying a new case with the features you have in mind is going to be far cheaper and easier than trying to mount a PSU at the bottom of your current case.

Because if you wanted to do that, you would have to - quite literally - cut the top half off the case and stick it on the bottom. Because you of course need the mounting points for the PSU and a place for your motherboard I/O and videocard.

Plus you would still have no way to route the cables behind the motherboard, for better cable management.

Feel free to wait for other members to reply with ideas how to modify your case, but my vote goes out to getting a 'simple' new case - like a Phanteks P300 or Fractal Design Focus G Mini - and just placing your PC in one of those (if you truly want a new case, otherwise that is 50 USD you can spend elsewhere).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You know that you may just turn your pc case upside down and change front a little? Just mount CD upside down, make holes for stands on the top (your new bottom), rotate "proline" sign and then you'll have your PSU at the bottom. :)

1 hour ago, minibois said:

Honestly, buying a new case with the features you have in mind is going to be far cheaper and easier than trying to mount a PSU at the bottom of your current case.

Because if you wanted to do that, you would have to - quite literally - cut the top half off the case and stick it on the bottom. Because you of course need the mounting points for the PSU and a place for your motherboard I/O and videocard.

Plus you would still have no way to route the cables behind the motherboard, for better cable management.

Feel free to wait for other members to reply with ideas how to modify your case, but my vote goes out to getting a 'simple' new case - like a Phanteks P300 or Fractal Design Focus G Mini - and just placing your PC in one of those (if you truly want a new case, otherwise that is 50 USD you can spend elsewhere).

The point is that i want to modify it, the only costs i'll have to cover is the Spraypaint which I barely buy so i won't mind. I want to experiment a bit with modding and so on, I have all the needed tools so i just need to buy spraypaint.

i don't want a new case XD i want this one

CPU: i5 4670k @4.1ghz | GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB | MB: Gigabyte Z97P-D3H | RAM: 4x4GB Generic | SSD: Gigabyte 240GB  

23 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

You know that you may just turn your pc case upside down and change front a little? Just mount CD upside down, make holes for stands on the top (your new bottom), rotate "proline" sign and then you'll have your PSU at the bottom. :)

you know, i never thought of that.

Genius and all but i don't like the inverted look, otherwise i'll move the PSU into the CD bays with a hole on top for fresh air and completely close it off and put two 80mm fans where the PSU was.

i'll just need to buy filters for all the extra holes.

123.png

Inverted look is nice and unique. Your computer will be different. Even GPU will have better cooling with fans at the top. :)

Good CPU cooler and your computer will look really interesting.

2 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Inverted look is nice and unique. Your computer will be different. Even GPU will have better cooling with fans at the top. :)

Good CPU cooler and your computer will look really interesting.

i'll have to cut out some things to make space for the acryllic PSU shroud to hide all the cables.

I also need to mod the front panel because it restricts the airflow a bit and has no dust filters so i'll need to fix that.

Is much better to install better CPU cooler than worrying about airflow. Air can always find a way to get out or in. I know that everyone now says that without 5 case fans your computer will not work, but my experience with various computers (sometimes made very wrong) is different.

On 2/28/2020 at 2:11 PM, homeap5 said:

Is much better to install better CPU cooler than worrying about airflow. Air can always find a way to get out or in. I know that everyone now says that without 5 case fans your computer will not work, but my experience with various computers (sometimes made very wrong) is different.

I'll have to worry about airflow because i don't have any fans yet, only the cpu stock cooler fan, i ordered a CPU cooler and 2 80mm fans so i'm just waiting for delivery.