Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WikiForce

Which budget phone should i buy?

Posted · Original PosterOP

So finally after more than 3 years, i am getting a new phone. I am confused between mainly realme c3, redmi 8, asus max pro m1.

the realme one is missing fingerprint scanner and doesn't have (or support) fast charging though has android 10 and gaming performance is phenomenal with powerful helio g70

redmi 8 looks good with type c, fingerprint scanner and 18w fast charging but processor is really outdated (sd 439)

and lastly, asus one looked be somewhere balanced between two though from what i've heard even having 5000mah battery (all these 3 phone do) the backup isn't great, it normally last a day where you would expect atleast 1 and a half considering the capacity

i am keen on getting the realme c3 because the raw performance is significantly better than both of the others also the fact it has latest android 10 while other two have pie, i might miss out on type c or fast charging / fingerprint scanner but that's not a big deal for me.

The most underrated user and unsung hero of LTT Forum.

Casual Gamer and part time Youtuber.

Day Dreamer but lazy and lethargic when it comes to goals.

Always procrastinating. Avoiding challenges and getting out of comfort zone.

2 minutes ago, kallump said:

The best budget phone I think you should get is the Umidigi F2  here is the link to have a look at the phone https://www.umidigi.com/page-umidigi_f2_overview.html

i don't think it's available here, I am from India and my budget is 8k INR max

24 minutes ago, kallump said:

...is 200 us dollars

Which is 14.4k INR before shipping/import/tax

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

2 hours ago, WikiForce said:

How much do these phones cost over there?

Redmi Note 7 Pro

Xiaomi Mi A3

Galaxy A30

Galaxy M30

Galaxy M20

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

Redmi Note 8 is a solid choice, or 8T (is that even available in India, or is that for Europe/International Market only?)

If you're talking about "depth Sensors" for Portrait modus, then you can say that about almost every single company.

My Oneplus 6T also has a fake dummy camera below it's main 16 MP sensor.

On 2/28/2020 at 2:25 PM, WikiForce said:

So finally after more than 3 years, i am getting a new phone. I am confused between mainly realme c3, redmi 8, asus max pro m1.

the realme one is missing fingerprint scanner and doesn't have (or support) fast charging though has android 10 and gaming performance is phenomenal with powerful helio g70

redmi 8 looks good with type c, fingerprint scanner and 18w fast charging but processor is really outdated (sd 439)

and lastly, asus one looked be somewhere balanced between two though from what i've heard even having 5000mah battery (all these 3 phone do) the backup isn't great, it normally last a day where you would expect atleast 1 and a half considering the capacity

i am keen on getting the realme c3 because the raw performance is significantly better than both of the others also the fact it has latest android 10 while other two have pie, i might miss out on type c or fast charging / fingerprint scanner but that's not a big deal for me.

I would recommend not to go for the Asus Max Pro m1, my girlfriend uses one and it's has a straight terrible screen. Like terrible, bad colors, way too dim for anything. It does have clean software tho. 

Realme C3 is a solid choice for under 8000 but if you can go to like 8999, do take a look at the Motorola One Macro or the Realme 5. Motorola has a better camera system and software but Realme takes it in the performance head. If you can go 10k look at the Honor 20i once

15 hours ago, Abhinav2003 said:

I would recommend not to go for the Asus Max Pro m1, my girlfriend uses one and it's has a straight terrible screen. Like terrible, bad colors, way too dim for anything. It does have clean software tho. 

Realme C3 is a solid choice for under 8000 but if you can go to like 8999, do take a look at the Motorola One Macro or the Realme 5. Motorola has a better camera system and software but Realme takes it in the performance head. If you can go 10k look at the Honor 20i once

Yeah, this was the only sensible reply.

Btw, i got realme c3 yesterday and it seems wonderful for the price. I totally forgot about other similar realme offerings or one macro which created alot of hype during it's release but i guess they are bit older and have much slower processor and i think you can't get anything better at 8k and even that was a stretch so no way i could spend 9k

7 hours ago, WikiForce said:

Yeah, this was the only sensible reply.

Btw, i got realme c3 yesterday and it seems wonderful for the price. I totally forgot about other similar realme offerings or one macro which created alot of hype during it's release but i guess they are bit older and have much slower processor and i think you can't get anything better at 8k and even that was a stretch so no way i could spend 9k

Oh good. Will be really glad to know how the camera is doing

7 hours ago, Abhinav2003 said:

Oh good. Will be really glad to know how the camera is doing

the usb got jammed in and became a bit loose, i have requested for a replacement :/

2 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

the usb got jammed in and became a bit loose, i have requested for a replacement :/

Where did you get it?

1 minute ago, Abhinav2003 said:

Where did you get it?

flipkart

12 minutes ago, Abhinav2003 said:

When you're at it, might wanna look at the Realme 3 once. Seems compelling

i have no money to buy anything now :(

20 minutes ago, Abhinav2003 said:

Good luck with the exchange brother

hopefully they accept my replacement request otherwise i will be in a huge mess

24 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

hopefully they accept my replacement request otherwise i will be in a huge mess

Flipkart is normally good with replacements in my opinion. I would recommend not to use the device and not charge it unless absolutely needed to