Cable Help!

MatDoak

Hi guys, I just need to ask a quick question, How can I join these cables together one is a standard UTP Cat5e ethernet and the other is a standard and i think an Rj11 dsl cable (image below)? Any tips, trips and instructions would help so much! Thank you

15828688206003433677095280134872.jpg

@MatDoak - Is this for a voice only connection? If not, I'm confused as to what you're trying to achieve. 

At a guess and I may be wrong but I'd expect you to connect the blue wire from the CAT5 to the green wire and the blue/white(CAT5) to the orange wire.

4 hours ago, Blai5e said:

@MatDoak - Is this for a voice only connection? If not, I'm confused as to what you're trying to achieve. 

At a guess and I may be wrong but I'd expect you to connect the blue wire from the CAT5 to the green wire and the blue/white(CAT5) to the orange wire.

Thanks mate, theres no major 'point' its just an experiment i thought id give a go but needed a little help.

Buy a RJ-45 keystone jack and wire it up according to the pin-out on the other end of the Cat5e cable (most today are T568-B). The RJ-11 jack will plug into the RJ-45 port and make contact with the 4 center pins.

Is there a reason you need an adapter cable like this? You need to be careful because it won't enable analog equipment to work on a switched network.

It depends what you are trying to do, each pin does something different.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

2 hours ago, Slayerking92 said:

It depends what you are trying to do, each pin does something different.

Would this work for a standard dsl connection?, say from an ethernet output to a dsl input on a modem/router? (Again just experimenting)