Recommendations for Headphones?

Connor Bittick

I have a flexible $200 budget to spend on a pair of headphones and potentially an amp/dac. I need true surround sound for gaming and I would like to have good audio quality for music. If you need to know, my motherboard is the Asus ROG Strix B350-F. I am currently looking at the Sennheiser GSP 600. Any recommendations?

9 minutes ago, Connor Bittick said:

I have a flexible $200 budget to spend on a pair of headphones and potentially an amp/dac. I need true surround sound for gaming and I would like to have good audio quality for music. If you need to know, my motherboard is the Asus ROG Strix B350-F. I am currently looking at the Sennheiser GSP 600. Any recommendations?

I'd reccomend mostly looking away from headphones labbled as gaming. In the end they all do the exact same thing. The GSP 600 though are pretty good but I would reccomend looking at what Z Reviews reccomends.

So what do youean try surround sound are you looking for a headphone that just has good soundstage and imaging?

On 2/28/2020 at 5:47 AM, rice guru said:

So what do youean try surround sound are you looking for a headphone that just has good soundstage and imaging?

Sorry for the delayed reply. By true surround sound I mean headphones that have more than two drivers.

28 minutes ago, Connor Bittick said:

Sorry for the delayed reply. By true surround sound I mean headphones that have more than two drivers.

Umm yeah that never works out well due to the driver proximity well tuned headphones with virtual surround does a better job. 

11 hours ago, rice guru said:

Umm yeah that never works out well due to the driver proximity well tuned headphones with virtual surround does a better job. 

I second this opinion,  I have tried both and really good stereo headphones are definitely better than surround headphones, if you want the reverb introduced etc. then virtualisation will sound just as good.  Don't buy gamer headphones unless they are an absolute bargain.