Dell Inspirion 530 Tower Cpu Options

Tieox

I've been given the task of bringing back to life a Inspiron 530, it's the full tower, with the card reader 3GB ram etc.  However I am wondering if the Q6660 could be slotted in? i've already added a EVGA PSU I had laying around, and I am planning to up the ram to 8GB, install a 250GB SSD with 1TB Mech storage, and dump the whole system on Windows 10.

The reason why is the system belongs to a Widow and the system has a sentimental attachment as part of their home.  But they could use it being a bit quicker.  

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

6 minutes ago, Kierax said:

I've been given the task of bringing back to life a Inspiron 530, it's the full tower, with the card reader 3GB ram etc.  However I am wondering if the Q6660 could be slotted in? i've already added a EVGA PSU I had laying around, and I am planning to up the ram to 8GB, install a 250GB SSD with 1TB Mech storage, and dump the whole system on Windows 10.

The reason why is the system belongs to a Widow and the system has a sentimental attachment as part of their home.  But they could use it being a bit quicker.  

What's your total budget? 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.