Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted · Original PosterOP

please help me. i have i7 920 yes blast from the past i want to over clock its paired with a 12 gig of ram and a r9 380 black 

What board?

If I were you, I'd buy a $30 Xeon from eBay or Aliexpress and throw it in. When OC'd, it can go toe to toe in multicore with some modern budget or mid-range CPUs.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and two Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Northgate Omnikey Ultra Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL with stitched edge Headset:  Sennheiser HD598SE

I like old-ass keyboards, Volvos, Thinkpads, and fountain pens.

Yes it will overclock, assuming cooling and psu are up to the task.

Yes that board supports it.

Search for overclocking guides-- there are many, including here on the forum, especially in the Xeon HEDT thread. I've posted some tips.

Overclocking that chip and board is not hard but it is not simple. You need to do some research before you fiddle with it.