I need advice

Cade25

I an building a new build and I am not sure how much storage I am going to need. I am going to need it to be a long term machine .I am mostly going to be gaming. At the moment I have a 500 gb ssd and a 3tb drive. I don’t know if I need more of less storage.

We can't really answer that

Do you find yourself needing more storage right now?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Cade25 said:

I an building a new build and I am not sure how much storage I am going to need. I am going to need it to be a long term machine .I am mostly going to be gaming. At the moment I have a 500 gb ssd and a 3tb drive. I don’t know if I need more of less storage.

As long as the SSD isn’t the crappiest model out there and still has respectable specs, then keep it and the HDD should keep you going for a while.

If the SSD isn’t that good, that’s the only thing that needs replacing. I would take at least a 1TB NVMe SSD as that will be the way to go if you don’t want to be upgrading and buying new SSDs every day. Respectable NVMe PCIe 3.0 SSDs are e. g. the Silicon Power A80 or the Sabrent Rocket if you’re on a budget but are great in general. All of the PCIe 4.0 SSDs are very decent. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT | RAM: 2*16GB 3200MHz 14-14-14-34 G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver | SSD: 2TB Gigabyte Aorus Gen 4; 500GB Samsung 860 EVO | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Case: Corsair Crystal 680X | Monitor: Eve Spectrum 4K | Keyboard: Logitech G513 Romer-G Tactile | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed

I mean, if you're hoarding video files ? then probably not.

If you tidy up and uninstall games when you're not playing them, then probably. Its a really subjective thing though!

My Folding Stats Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! 

Aviation Engineer by day,

Game Developer by Night,

IT Engineer for a Hobby,

Husband in between!

Proud creator of EvoCore! 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.retrodex.evocore&hl=en

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/evocore/id1459714064

The good news is that storage seems to get cheaper all the time and as long as you have a SATA, PCIE, or USB port open, you can add it later.