I installed Deepin 15.11 on my Laptop now the WIFI is not working

Go to solution Solved by Wandermann,
On 2/27/2020 at 6:22 PM, Wandermann said:

Hello Guys,

after watching Linus video over Linux i decided i would install a Linux Distro on my old Laptop. I installed Deepin 15.11 on my Lenovo YOGA 2 11 and now i cant find my WiFi network at home.

I read i need to install the drivers of the Networkcard.

I am a total noobie to Linux but would love to use it.

Wandermann

So ifigureditoit myself:

basicly follw this:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Wifi-is-hardware-disabled/td-p/1307405

Hello Guys,

after watching Linus video over Linux i decided i would install a Linux Distro on my old Laptop. I installed Deepin 15.11 on my Lenovo YOGA 2 11 and now i cant find my WiFi network at home.

Wandermann

Good OS choice. Deepin (at least the DE) is very underrated imo.

Do you know the model of network card you have in your laptop? 

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Yea it looks really clean.

Yes i thinkl its this one: Atheros AR9565 (a/b/g/n = Wi-Fi 4), Bluetooth 4.0

3 minutes ago, Wandermann said:

Yes i thinkl its this one: Atheros AR9565 (a/b/g/n = Wi-Fi 4), Bluetooth 4.0

Please quote me to ensure I see your reply.

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=304393 Try this.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Also make sure this is installed:

https://wiki.debian.org/ath9k

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, Wandermann said:

Yes i thinkl its this one: Atheros AR9565 (a/b/g/n = Wi-Fi 4), Bluetooth 4.0 AR3012 bluetooth 4.0

I googled a bit and i ran the command "lsusb" and it gave me a diffrent result:

Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0cf:3004 Atheros Communications, Inc.  AR

Just now, Wandermann said:

I googled a bit and i ran the command "lsusb" and it gave me a diffrent result:

Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0cf:3004 Atheros Communications, Inc.  AR

lsusb will show USB devices, not your network card which is on mini PCIe.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

7 minutes ago, jdfthetech said:

follow these instructions:

https://wiki.debian.org/ath9k_htc#Installation

for this command: etc/apt/sources.list,  it tells me i dont have the rights to do so

and for this one :

# Debian 8 "Jessie"
deb http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free 

it does nothing

it sounds like you haven't read much about deepin or linux before installing it.

you should read some articles and learn the OS, otherwise you will never be able to fix things.

the first thing you should read about is how debian packages work and how sudo works

33 minutes ago, jdfthetech said:

it sounds like you haven't read much about deepin or linux before installing it.

you should read some articles and learn the OS, otherwise you will never be able to fix things.

the first thing you should read about is how debian packages work and how sudo works

yes you are right. I shold read more about it and learn. But TBH i woluld love to use the system.

and a answer like yours doesnt motivate to use linux....

14 minutes ago, Wandermann said:

yes you are right. I shold read more about it and learn. But TBH i woluld love to use the system.

and a answer like yours doesnt motivate to use linux....

There is a common misconception that those of us that use linux want to push it on everyone, this is not the case.
I am under no obligation to motivate you to use linux, nor do I care to.
I have given you the tools to answer your questions, but I'm not going to write a step by step for you.

if linux is too hard to use right now for you, no worries.  Just install windows and problem solved.  Linux is not for everyone, it has best use cases just like windows has best use cases.

19 hours ago, jdfthetech said:

There is a common misconception that those of us that use linux want to push it on everyone, this is not the case.
I am under no obligation to motivate you to use linux, nor do I care to.
I have given you the tools to answer your questions, but I'm not going to write a step by step for you.

if linux is too hard to use right now for you, no worries.  Just install windows and problem solved.  Linux is not for everyone, it has best use cases just like windows has best use cases.

dont worry i didnt think u wanted to puch me to linux,

not answering is still an option ?

i guess ill just need to figur it out myself

On 2/27/2020 at 6:22 PM, Wandermann said:

Hello Guys,

Wandermann

So ifigureditoit myself:

basicly follw this:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Wifi-is-hardware-disabled/td-p/1307405