Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pixellover1

internal Hard Drives keeps disconnecting

Posted · Original PosterOP

hi! so im gonna go straight to the point

i was playing games untill it "crashed" after i checked on the "my computer tab" my Disk D and E was missing. i was confused but then i went to device manager and did scanning for hardware changes and it reappeared!, after that i continued playing untill it happened again. 

i tought it had something to do with the cable, so i checked and nothing seemed wrong.

but it keeps happening again and again and againg.

is there something i can do to stop this from happening?

2 minutes ago, pixellover1 said:

is there something i can do to stop this from happening?

Use CrystalDiskInfo to check if the drive is healthy or not.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, pixellover1 said:

how can i use it?

Download CrystalDiskInfo, install it and then run it.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Seems like the SATA controller on your mobo might be failing.

Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX2080S, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K / GPD Win 2

9 hours ago, Kilrah said:

so.... i should get another motherboard? or is there a replacement part that i can get?

9 hours ago, Kilrah said:

but sometimes when i leave my game's on and i left it since i was afk all night, when i checked in the next morning the game is still on and i can still check whats on drive D and E

Something seems to cause the controller to fail/reset occasionally.

Do you have any overclock? Try to reset your BIOS to defaults (and reconfigure anything you might need for basic operation).

Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX2080S, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

2 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Do you have any overclock? Try to reset your BIOS to defaults (and reconfigure anything you might need for basic operation).

did it and it might've worked! going to try to play some games and see if it keeps happening or not. thank you all!

2 hours ago, Kilrah said:

neermind it happened again lol

On 2/28/2020 at 3:17 PM, Kilrah said:

is it possible that a PSU play a role in this malfunctioning?

Pretty unlikely, but not impossible...