Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ApexTheRex

CPU Fan Cooler.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello,

 

I am trying to figure out how I can pick the right CPU Fan cooler for my future build. I'm going to use an Aorus Xtreme x570 and a Ryzen 3950x. The current problem I'm facing is I need to find the right cooler. I have little to no idea how to do so. I've heard you need to find out how much TDP the cpu has and find the right fan that goes up to that blah blah, I really don't know. The fan I'm looking to use is a Cooler Master Master MA620M ARGB.

 

If someone could please tell me if this is a good one to use, if it's compatible, or if I'm over exaggerating cpu coolers as they seem to be quite compatible with most mother boards, I'll be most grateful.

 

 

https://www.techinn.com/en/cooler-master-master-ma620m-argb/137476715/p?utm_source=google_products&utm_medium=merchant&id_producte=10349665&country=nz&gclid=CjwKCAiA7t3yBRADEiwA4GFlIy9sqi6o2QA07fraKD30jZ8NzyrPkTa5Lv7DoqLN-B7_heTjNMPPtxoCWWYQAvD_BwE

 

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

a be quiet! dark rock 4 pro would easily handle your cpu

 

you could also use an aio like a Kraken X73 

 

but yes, yours would also fit ^^

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Trexa, your posts have been merged. Please use Edit to add more content in your posts.

***

 

@ApexTheRex

Your case and RAM will be most important parts when choosing the cooler. Don't look at TDP so much, thats manufacturers estimate and there's no universtal standard on how those are measured. Best way to find cooler is to look at your budget, look how your case and RAM will limit the selection and then search for reviews of those coolers left.

 

You can also use the performance comparison here:

Coolers on the list are purely per performance. So bigger cooler with better fans will be placed higher regardless of their other features or price.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 hours ago, Trexa said:

a be quiet! dark rock 4 pro would easily handle your cpu

 

you could also use an aio like a Kraken X73 

 

but yes, yours would also fit ^^

Thanks for your reply! I would use a Dark rock Pro 4 but I just really like the look of these coolers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

@Trexa, your posts have been merged. Please use Edit to add more content in your posts.

***

 

@ApexTheRex

Your case and RAM will be most important parts when choosing the cooler. Don't look at TDP so much, thats manufacturers estimate and there's no universtal standard on how those are measured. Best way to find cooler is to look at your budget, look how your case and RAM will limit the selection and then search for reviews of those coolers left.

 

You can also use the performance comparison here:

Coolers on the list are purely per performance. So bigger cooler with better fans will be placed higher regardless of their other features or price.

Thanks for your response!

 

So are you saying that it's all up to my willingness to pay? If so, I don't mind, I'm just looking to know what makes a CPU Fan Air Cooler compatible with a cpu. Are you also saying that if it fits it sits? IF so, then I think I'm good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ApexTheRex said:

Thanks for your response!

 

So are you saying that it's all up to my willingness to pay? If so, I don't mind, I'm just looking to know what makes a CPU Fan Air Cooler compatible with a cpu. Are you also saying that if it fits it sits? IF so, then I think I'm good.

You are looking for AM4 compatibility. That means all major brands and pretty much every cooler still manufactured. If you were looking at TR4, the socket would be a thing to look at. But in reality, you case (how tall cooler can be) and RAM (does cooler overhang RAM slots) are main factors. If you would be using smaller mobo, also blocking 1st PCIe slot. But thats not thing here.

 

For example. Dark Rock Pro 4, top end air cooler. 163mm tall and will overhang first RAM slot. So you want to have case with room for it (Fractal Design Define R series for example) and RAM without fancy heatsinks (Ciorsair LPX etc.). Or Scythe Fuma 2. Cheaper, but actually not so much behind in pure performance. Much smaller, with 155mm tall and doesn't block RAM slots. Price difference between these two is just under $30USD on Amazon.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

You are looking for AM4 compatibility. That means all major brands and pretty much every cooler still manufactured. If you were looking at TR4, the socket would be a thing to look at. But in reality, you case (how tall cooler can be) and RAM (does cooler overhang RAM slots) are main factors. If you would be using smaller mobo, also blocking 1st PCIe slot. But thats not thing here.

 

For example. Dark Rock Pro 4, top end air cooler. 163mm tall and will overhang first RAM slot. So you want to have case with room for it (Fractal Design Define R series for example) and RAM without fancy heatsinks (Ciorsair LPX etc.). Or Scythe Fuma 2. Cheaper, but actually not so much behind in pure performance. Much smaller, with 155mm tall and doesn't block RAM slots. Price difference between these two is just under $30USD on Amazon.

Okay so what I'm looking for is just a Red'n'black RGB CPU fan air cooler. I know about overhang and blocking off different parts of the motherboard and components. But what is the main thing / filter of compatibility to look for when choosing a CPU Air Fan cooler.

 

Could you find me one? It would also be much appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ApexTheRex said:

So you just look for the AM4 Compatibility Factor and The dimensions to then see if overhangs any parts. Okay.

I'll check if there are more later, but from the top, CoolerMasters MA620M/MA410M fit your needs. If you wouldn't overclock, then even 212 RGB could do.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
18 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

I'll check if there are more later, but from the top, CoolerMasters MA620M/MA410M fit your needs. If you wouldn't overclock, then even 212 RGB could do.

Ah great, thanks very much. Yeah I'll be trying to overclock with it. All I need to know is what makes a CPU Air Fan Cooler Compatible with the motherboard and cpu. That's all I want to know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ApexTheRex said:

Ah great, thanks very much. Yeah I'll be trying to overclock with it. All I need to know is what makes a CPU Air Fan Cooler Compatible with the motherboard and cpu. That's all I want to know.

The supported CPU sockets are listed in coolers specs. The cooler needs to have suitable mounting hardware as sockets are different sizes and shapes.

 


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 2/29/2020 at 8:05 PM, LogicalDrm said:

The supported CPU sockets are listed in coolers specs. The cooler needs to have suitable mounting hardware as sockets are different sizes and shapes.

 

Well, in that case that cooler doesn't show the socket listed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ApexTheRex said:

Well, in that case that cooler doesn't show the socket listed.

Or rather store page doesn't have it listed. Here's UK store with sockets listed https://www.scan.co.uk/products/cooler-master-masterair-ma620m-cpu-tower-cooler-6-heatpipes-dual-heatsink-arbg-120mm-2000rpm-pwm-fan

 

Besides coolers own product pages on manufacturers site, Pcpartpicker.com is also great resource.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ApexTheRex said:

Well, in that case that cooler doesn't show the socket listed.

Check out the cooler website: https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/cpu-air-coolers/masterair-ma620m/#Specifications

What kind of look are you aiming for? The MA620M doesn't seem very good. 

What case and ram are you using?


If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×