What UPS, should i get/need. Thanks.

Sokare

Hello, i have a fairly good computer i7-9700k all core over clock 4.6GHz boosts to almost 5GHz, 32 Gb 2666MHz ddr4 and a rtx 2070 8GB ddr6 overclocked card, also water cooled CPU l, and i live in southern Ontario that can have random brown outs in summer and morons crashing into poles in winter, i just had a quick outage in middle of a game.

This made me think of getting a ups so i dont screw my 1 yeard old system up,  may i please get some help on what is a good ups and what size i need to last say 15 minutes to power down safely and have a bit of room to keep my wifi/modem online for a bit also.

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Sokare said:

Hello, i have a fairly good computer i7-9700k all core over clock 4.6GHz boosts to almost 5GHz, 32 Gb 2666MHz ddr4 and a rtx 2070 8GB ddr6 overclocked card, also water cooled CPU l, and i live in southern Ontario that can have random brown outs in summer and morons crashing into poles in winter, i just had a quick outage in middle of a game.

This made me think of getting a ups so i dont screw my 1 yeard old system up,  may i please get some help on what is a good ups and what size i need to last say 15 minutes to power down safely and have a bit of room to keep my wifi/modem online for a bit also.

Thanks

That system shouldn't use more than around 450W maxed out,potentially a touch more if overclocked. 

Something like this will provide more than enough power for the system, peripherals and networking equipment, providing you around 10 mins of backup. 

https://www.cyberpowersystems.com/product/ups/pfc-sinewave/cp1350pfclcd/

I want to say my APC UPS is a 1750VA with true Sine Wave. It has been more than enough for the PC and 3 monitors I have plugged into it. 

Now that being said I think paid close to 350 for the dumb thing.

Now I am powering a very overclocked machine with lots of fans,storage drives, and water cooling components. My PSU is a Ax1200i and I have seen it record my power usage as high as 800 watts under full stress testing situations.