Hi, I'm fresh new here.

Just a quick question, can E-ATX motherboards fit into a Mid Tower (Cooler Master mt500mt) but also generally fit into a Mid Tower Case? 

Forgive this question being put into the wrong place.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, ApexTheRex said:

Just a quick question, can E-ATX motherboards fit into a Mid Tower (Cooler Master mt500mt) but also generally fit into a Mid Tower Case?

You can just simply check compatibility with different sizes on the manufacturers' sites.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, ApexTheRex said:

Hi, I'm fresh new here.

Forgive this question being put into the wrong place.

Thanks.

Can't find this case, so not sure on that one exactly.

EATX is mainly a bit wider than normal ATX. Which means for a lot of cases, that the motherboard will hang over the case's cable management holes along the right side of the board.

I would only get a case that specifically supports EATX, but also verify what an EATX board would look like in the case (since some manufacturers mention EATX compatibility, while the cable management grommets will still be inaccessible).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

56 minutes ago, minibois said:

Can't find this case, so not sure on that one exactly.

EATX is mainly a bit wider than normal ATX. Which means for a lot of cases, that the motherboard will hang over the case's cable management holes along the right side of the board.

I would only get a case that specifically supports EATX, but also verify what an EATX board would look like in the case (since some manufacturers mention EATX compatibility, while the cable management grommets will still be inaccessible).

Hi, thanks for you message.

I should've said the case does support E-ATX and below, it's the Cooler Master Maker Case 5 Mc500mt.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, ApexTheRex said:

I should've said the case does support E-ATX and below, it's the Cooler Master Maker Case 5 Mc500mt.

Thanks!

Cooler Master Master Case MC500MT ***

4 minutes ago, ApexTheRex said:

Thanks!

Looks like in this case specifically an EATX board will overhang all the cable management holes, meaning you will have to route all the cables through the opening under the HDD cages.

If I were you I would reconsider this case, as it doesn't appear to have great airflow from the front either. If you have an EATX board, get a case that is absolutely fit for EATX boards as well. Or get an ATX board, that will fit in a lot more different cases.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

57 minutes ago, minibois said:

Looks like in this case specifically an EATX board will overhang all the cable management holes, meaning you will have to route all the cables through the opening under the HDD cages.

If I were you I would reconsider this case, as it doesn't appear to have great airflow from the front either. If you have an EATX board, get a case that is absolutely fit for EATX boards as well. Or get an ATX board, that will fit in a lot more different cases.

Uh.... But it does support E-ATX and you can remove the top parts of the case to allow more airflow, and I believe the front. Yes, you can remove parts from the front to allow even more airfow.

-= Topic moved to New Builds and Planning =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

4 hours ago, ApexTheRex said:

Uh.... But it does support E-ATX and you can remove the top parts of the case to allow more airflow, and I believe the front. Yes, you can remove parts from the front to allow even more airfow.

Yes an E-ATX mainboard will fit, however an ATX mainboard will extend right up to the grommets for cable management. E-ATX mainboards are 3.4 inches wider than ATX mainboards, so an E-ATX mainboard will cover those cable management cutouts and you will have to route your cables elsewhere, which can be challenging or look messy depending on the case. You will most likely also have to remove any drive cages that are mounted in the front. There are other cases out there that will fit E-ATX cases without any restrictions and you will still have access to the cable cutouts for cable management.