Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, I'm fresh new here.

 

Just a quick question, can E-ATX motherboards fit into a Mid Tower (Cooler Master mt500mt) but also generally fit into a Mid Tower Case? 

 

Forgive this question being put into the wrong place.

 

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ApexTheRex said:

Just a quick question, can E-ATX motherboards fit into a Mid Tower (Cooler Master mt500mt) but also generally fit into a Mid Tower Case?

You can just simply check compatibility with different sizes on the manufacturers' sites.


Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ApexTheRex said:

Hi, I'm fresh new here.

Just a quick question, can E-ATX motherboards fit into a Mid Tower (Cooler Master mt500mt) but also generally fit into a Mid Tower Case? 

Forgive this question being put into the wrong place.

Thanks.

Can't find this case, so not sure on that one exactly.

EATX is mainly a bit wider than normal ATX. Which means for a lot of cases, that the motherboard will hang over the case's cable management holes along the right side of the board.


I would only get a case that specifically supports EATX, but also verify what an EATX board would look like in the case (since some manufacturers mention EATX compatibility, while the cable management grommets will still be inaccessible).


I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
56 minutes ago, minibois said:

Can't find this case, so not sure on that one exactly.

EATX is mainly a bit wider than normal ATX. Which means for a lot of cases, that the motherboard will hang over the case's cable management holes along the right side of the board.


I would only get a case that specifically supports EATX, but also verify what an EATX board would look like in the case (since some manufacturers mention EATX compatibility, while the cable management grommets will still be inaccessible).

Hi, thanks for you message.

 

I should've said the case does support E-ATX and below, it's the Cooler Master Maker Case 5 Mc500mt.

 

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, ApexTheRex said:

Hi, thanks for you message.

 

I should've said the case does support E-ATX and below, it's the Cooler Master Maker Case 5 Mc500mt.

 

Thanks!

Cooler Master Master Case MC500MT ***

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ApexTheRex said:

Hi, thanks for you message.

 

I should've said the case does support E-ATX and below, it's the Cooler Master Maker Case 5 Mc500mt.

 

Thanks!

Looks like in this case specifically an EATX board will overhang all the cable management holes, meaning you will have to route all the cables through the opening under the HDD cages.

If I were you I would reconsider this case, as it doesn't appear to have great airflow from the front either. If you have an EATX board, get a case that is absolutely fit for EATX boards as well. Or get an ATX board, that will fit in a lot more different cases.


I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
57 minutes ago, minibois said:

Looks like in this case specifically an EATX board will overhang all the cable management holes, meaning you will have to route all the cables through the opening under the HDD cages.

If I were you I would reconsider this case, as it doesn't appear to have great airflow from the front either. If you have an EATX board, get a case that is absolutely fit for EATX boards as well. Or get an ATX board, that will fit in a lot more different cases.

Uh.... But it does support E-ATX and you can remove the top parts of the case to allow more airflow, and I believe the front. Yes, you can remove parts from the front to allow even more airfow.

Link to post
Share on other sites

-= Topic moved to New Builds and Planning =-


Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

 

Spoiler

 †  

 

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

 

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

 

My Phones are a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates. Broke :(

Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

 

About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

 

 CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ApexTheRex said:

Uh.... But it does support E-ATX and you can remove the top parts of the case to allow more airflow, and I believe the front. Yes, you can remove parts from the front to allow even more airfow.

 

Yes an E-ATX mainboard will fit, however an ATX mainboard will extend right up to the grommets for cable management. E-ATX mainboards are 3.4 inches wider than ATX mainboards, so an E-ATX mainboard will cover those cable management cutouts and you will have to route your cables elsewhere, which can be challenging or look messy depending on the case. You will most likely also have to remove any drive cages that are mounted in the front. There are other cases out there that will fit E-ATX cases without any restrictions and you will still have access to the cable cutouts for cable management.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×