How can i run 2 instances of windows 10 on 2 screens with seperate mouse/keyboard

Kenneth89

Hello!,,

I have a sim racing setup with 3 screens, and on an other desk my normal screen with mouse/keyboard,

But when i open something on one screen it is shown on another:P<

What software can i use to give my screens seperate mouse/keyboard 

I heard something about virtual machines?

Look forward for your imput.

13 minutes ago, Kenneth89 said:

Hello!,,

I have a sim racing setup with 3 screens, and on an other desk my normal screen with mouse/keyboard,

But when i open something on one screen it is shown on another:P<

What software can i use to give my screens seperate mouse/keyboard 

I heard something about virtual machines?

Look forward for your imput.

Why would you want two different instances of W10 though? So if I understand correct, you have 4 screens in total; w10 has built in software how to split the screens; I know nvidia cards have that software too; not sure about and. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Why would you want two different instances of W10 though? So if I understand correct, you have 4 screens in total; w10 has built in software how to split the screens; I know nvidia cards have that software too; not sure about and. 

Yeah i would like to split the screens! but i dont know how to, i have a nvidia card. I couldnt find the option to do this.

3 minutes ago, Kenneth89 said:

Yeah i would like to split the screens! but i dont know how to, i have a nvidia card. I couldnt find the option to do this.

Settings -> display ->monitor -> multiple displays // to find it in W10 and in nvidia software it’s under on of the left columns (Note: not talking about the nvidia GeForce now experience software, but rather the more outdated look one)

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

I know how to setup the split screen, But i want to use different mouse/keyboard and when i open an application i want it to be on the screen in front of me, not one random screen:P

Any more ideas?

2 minutes ago, Kenneth89 said:

You want to run 2(+) sessions, each with their respective input/output?

So if you hit Win+P you can split the screens instead of mirroring. The mouse kb is assigned to all of those screens but can of course be locked by an application that is in focus. I do not know of a way to customize the new window behaviour in windows but that does not mean it is not possible.

I am NOT a native english speaker and use translate a lot, please do not take it literally and bear with me.

45 minutes ago, Kenneth89 said:

I know how to setup the split screen, But i want to use different mouse/keyboard and when i open an application i want it to be on the screen in front of me, not one random screen:P

Any more ideas?

I am not aware of any way of splitting input-devices like that under Windows. The only way I can come up with is running two virtual-machines, each with their own input-devices.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

4 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

Linux. Or look into tools like Aster when Windows is a must.

But gaming on Linux is not comparable to windows. He does want to game

I am NOT a native english speaker and use translate a lot, please do not take it literally and bear with me.

default, windows will open windows . . . on the primary monitor. 

If you set the monitor your want stuff to appear on as primary, it will solve a bit of your problems. (unless the application you are opening is already open on another screen, than it won't work).

If you want to split your screens and input devices, why not simply use a 2nd computer?

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

You need to use a separate computer, or run virtual machines like in this video:

That is the only way to have multiple mice and keyboards.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

22 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Aster is your answer. https://www.ibik.ru/

Interesting, never heard of that before.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

4 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Interesting, never heard of that before.

I did mention it an hour ago.

Just now, Sir0Tek said:

Yes, but I didn't check the comments here an hour ago.

2 hours ago, Sir0Tek said:

You're right. I focused on answers like "it's not possible". :) I clicked "agree" then.