Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
suchamoneypit

Saving torrents to a network share (unraid) from Ubuntu

Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP

I have an unraid server with a share setup, but my torrents constantly go in error "Error: Operation not supported" "Error: No such file or directory". Looking online it seems to be specific with permissions.

Im downloading to "/run/user/1000/gvfs/smb-share:server=ryzen-svr.local,share=torrents"

image.png.07f41d6182a63edd15325c823e1e76ac.png

Thats how its showing on the Ubuntu VM im using on unraid. I have Deluge set to download to this location. I believe this is what is causing the problem, but im not sure how to fix this. One workaround seems to be to download the torrents to a local folder, then have something to automatically move it on a set period to the network share, but I don't know how to do that. Anyone able to help? 

Edited by SansVarnic
removed picture

Razer Blade Stealth | i5-7200u | 8GB DDR3 1866

Ryzen 2600x | 16GB DDR4 3333mhz [15-15-15-36-50] | PowerColor Vega 56 8GB 

Phone Pixel 4XL || Android - 10.0 

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing" - John Powell

Your hunch about permissions could well be right. But first things first: do your torrents get downloaded at all? If not, you need to make sure your torrent client has access to the storage location, by making it a member of the group that has access to that location. To solve that you need the usermod command on the commandline.

Posted · Original PosterOP
16 hours ago, Dutch_Master said:

Your hunch about permissions could well be right. But first things first: do your torrents get downloaded at all? If not, you need to make sure your torrent client has access to the storage location, by making it a member of the group that has access to that location. To solve that you need the usermod command on the commandline.

They do download, I really think its permissions based. How would I go about using usermod to give it access to that location? 

Posted · Original PosterOP
6 hours ago, Dutch_Master said:

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, long day at work, dead tired, not really engaging the brain ATM.

Assuming your server runs Linux or BSD, try

man usermod

Bookmark this link:

Linux commands explained

HTH!

Thank you for providing that info.

I was actually able to get the binhex deluge vpn docker working with my PIA VPN and deluge controlled through WebUI, it is incredible. No permissions issues as it runs right on unraid and runs fantastic. One of the coolest computer things i've done. So much potential when I learn how to take advantage of other unraid stuff.