Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ah2004

cherry Mx browns vs kailh browns

Recommended Posts

I have no opinion on this (really don't know the differences) but (and it may have inspired your post) todays LTT video is a taste test of  a ton of different keyboard switches.


?️Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti ?️
?️Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU ?️

?2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE ?

?iPad Air2; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 3 ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really a fan. They are too light for my taste, and not tactile enough, even the Box Brown. The main difference that you're likely to notice is that the tactile bump is further down on the Cherry variant.


 

Quote

Women. They are a complete mystery.

-Stephen Hawking

 

I think the hoomans put their builds here?

Why do you hoomans give your builds a name? Here's my build, which I shall call "Do as I Say, Not As I Do" (seriously, don't get this build)

Spoiler

Ryzen 1500X @3,925 GHz

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo + 2x ML120

MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic

2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz CL15 (Micron B-die) @2933 MHz

Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X @1120 MHz / 1450 MHz

120GB 850 Evo

120GB Kingston SSD

500GB WD Blue

Cooler Master Elite 430

Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W

Logitech G710 with Kailh Box Jade

Logitech G502

HyperX Cloud

And my laptop, which I shall call "If It's Stupid But It Works" (It can actually play CS:GO at 50 FPS, and Civ V at 25 FPS)

Spoiler

Lenovo Thinkpad L460

Intel Core i3 6100U

4GB (probably) DDR4 2133 MHz

Intel HD Graphics 520 0.3-1.0 GHz

128GB Samsung MZ7LF128HCHP

Corsair M65 Pro RGB (worst mouse I've ever had)

Sennheiser CX 5.00G

And here would be where I would put a picture of my cat. But apparently, images are not allowed here. So take this instead (*ΦωΦ*)

Hello fellow night theme users

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ah2004 said:

which one do you guys pefer?

Normal Kailh Browns or Box Browns?

In my experience Cherry MX Brown and normal Kailh Browns are pretty similar. Box Browns are quite a bit more stable though.

 

Switches are very personal though and personally I am not a fan of either.


"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, minibois said:

Normal Kailh Browns or Box Browns?

In my experience Cherry MX Brown and normal Kailh Browns are pretty similar. Box Browns are quite a bit more stable though.

 

Switches are very personal though and personally I am not a fan of either.

never tested a mech keyboard in my life but from some research i feel like browns are best for me

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, minibois said:

Normal Kailh Browns or Box Browns?

In my experience Cherry MX Brown and normal Kailh Browns are pretty similar. Box Browns are quite a bit more stable though.

 

Switches are very personal though and personally I am not a fan of either.

iam not sure if this keyboard even is kailh tbh, but iam pretty sure i heard it from techsource that the switches are kailh

 

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07WSC6TQ4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?smid=A2FK9EP27A6ZE6&psc=1

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ah2004 said:

never tested a mech keyboard in my life but from some research i feel like browns are best for me

You should definitely go to a store where they have keyboards on display and try some stuff out. That is the only way to get to know what you like to type on.


"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ah2004 said:

iam not sure if this keyboard even is kailh tbh, but iam pretty sure i heard it from techsource that the switches are kailh

 

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07WSC6TQ4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?smid=A2FK9EP27A6ZE6&psc=1

In my opinion it's always a bad sign if a mechanical keyboard doesn't list the manufacturer of their keyswitches. Makes me feel like they are doubting their own choice, but that may just be me thinking that.

Never heard of this keyboard, so don't have an opinion on it. Kinda looks like a 65% Anne Pro. 


"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, minibois said:

You should definitely go to a store where they have keyboards on display and try some stuff out. That is the only way to get to know what you like to type on.

the only pc stores near me are bestbuy and canada computers (yes i live in canada and im 15 ;) but i doubt my dad will have anytime to take me their.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, minibois said:

In my opinion it's always a bad sign if a mechanical keyboard doesn't list the manufacturer of their keyswitches. Makes me feel like they are doubting their own choice, but that may just be me thinking that.

Never heard of this keyboard, so don't have an opinion on it.

saw it in the linus keyboard vid a few days back he did recommend it

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ah2004 said:

the only pc stores near me are bestbuy and canada computers (yes i live in canada and im 15 ;) but i doubt my dad will have anytime to take me their.

Another option would be to get a switch tester. While this will definitely be different from actually trying the different switches in an actual keyboard, it will give you an idea of how each switch feels


 

Quote

Women. They are a complete mystery.

-Stephen Hawking

 

I think the hoomans put their builds here?

Why do you hoomans give your builds a name? Here's my build, which I shall call "Do as I Say, Not As I Do" (seriously, don't get this build)

Spoiler

Ryzen 1500X @3,925 GHz

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo + 2x ML120

MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic

2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz CL15 (Micron B-die) @2933 MHz

Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X @1120 MHz / 1450 MHz

120GB 850 Evo

120GB Kingston SSD

500GB WD Blue

Cooler Master Elite 430

Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W

Logitech G710 with Kailh Box Jade

Logitech G502

HyperX Cloud

And my laptop, which I shall call "If It's Stupid But It Works" (It can actually play CS:GO at 50 FPS, and Civ V at 25 FPS)

Spoiler

Lenovo Thinkpad L460

Intel Core i3 6100U

4GB (probably) DDR4 2133 MHz

Intel HD Graphics 520 0.3-1.0 GHz

128GB Samsung MZ7LF128HCHP

Corsair M65 Pro RGB (worst mouse I've ever had)

Sennheiser CX 5.00G

And here would be where I would put a picture of my cat. But apparently, images are not allowed here. So take this instead (*ΦωΦ*)

Hello fellow night theme users

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, seon123 said:

Another option would be to get a switch tester. While this will definitely be different from actually trying the different switches in an actual keyboard, it will give you an idea of how each switch feels

where can i find one, i think i heard cherry gives some switch testers?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ah2004 said:

where can i find one, i think i heard cherry gives some switch testers?

KPrepublic has some testers you can check out.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/Switches/3034003_511912849.html?spm=2114.12010614.0.0.2b7e5742gB2N69

 


 

Quote

Women. They are a complete mystery.

-Stephen Hawking

 

I think the hoomans put their builds here?

Why do you hoomans give your builds a name? Here's my build, which I shall call "Do as I Say, Not As I Do" (seriously, don't get this build)

Spoiler

Ryzen 1500X @3,925 GHz

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo + 2x ML120

MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic

2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz CL15 (Micron B-die) @2933 MHz

Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X @1120 MHz / 1450 MHz

120GB 850 Evo

120GB Kingston SSD

500GB WD Blue

Cooler Master Elite 430

Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W

Logitech G710 with Kailh Box Jade

Logitech G502

HyperX Cloud

And my laptop, which I shall call "If It's Stupid But It Works" (It can actually play CS:GO at 50 FPS, and Civ V at 25 FPS)

Spoiler

Lenovo Thinkpad L460

Intel Core i3 6100U

4GB (probably) DDR4 2133 MHz

Intel HD Graphics 520 0.3-1.0 GHz

128GB Samsung MZ7LF128HCHP

Corsair M65 Pro RGB (worst mouse I've ever had)

Sennheiser CX 5.00G

And here would be where I would put a picture of my cat. But apparently, images are not allowed here. So take this instead (*ΦωΦ*)

Hello fellow night theme users

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cherry browns are one of the worst switches IMO.

 

Kailh BOX browns will be smoother, more stable, more consistent and have a sharper more noticeable tactile bump. Though there are still better tactile switches out there.

 

21 minutes ago, Ah2004 said:

never tested a mech keyboard in my life but from some research i feel like browns are best for me

Why is that exactly?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, geo3 said:

Cherry browns are one of the worst switches IMO.

 

Kailh BOX browns will be smoother, more stable, more consistent and have a sharper more noticeable tactile bump. Though there are still better tactile switches out there.

 

Why is that exactly?

i dont like loud keyboards i like anything that is tactile and gives me some feed back plus lots of people like brown switches and there quite popular and honestly even a membrane keyboard is gonna be just fine for me but since iam building a setup mechanical keyboards is something i would love to try

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, geo3 said:

Cherry Browns have the smallest amount of feed back out of any tactile switch.

whats the purpose of the bump?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×