Rainbow Six Siege at MAX settings, minimum 165FPS

TekkyTG

I have a friend that I'd like to build a computer for. I have a really good system myself, which runs at 240 FPS on Siege already. I gave him my old computer, which gets him about 90-100 FPS on high settings. He recently got an MSI monitor that runs at 165hz and has Freesync. I'd like to know a good combination of CPU and GPU to get to the 165FPS average or at least very close while running at either high to MAX settings, obviously preferring max. I'm on a budget though, and would prefer to spend about 500$. I know it's a bit difficult to pull off, so I am willing to add about a hundred the budget if necessary. At this point I'm not looking for a part list, just a good cpu and gpu combo please. Thanks! At the moment, I'd like to go for about a 300$ budget on the CPU and GPU combo. If a combo can be found that will still get the desired outcome for cheaper, I am definitely interested.

Extra info

Currently looking at:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/J8drxr/amd-ryzen-3-3200g-36-ghz-quad-core-processor-yd3200c5fhbox

and

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Pm3mP6/gigabyte-radeon-rx-5500-xt-8-gb-oc-video-card-gv-r55xtoc-8gd

While my friend does play other games, they are all either just as GPU demanding as Rainbow Six Siege, or games like Minecraft or CS:GO, where there isn't an awful lot of power needed as is.

165 FPS at max with a 5500XT?

dream on bud. My roomate's rig (Ryzen 5 2600, RX 580) averaged about 120. His upgrade to the R9 Fury bumped that up a bit but nowhere near 165 average, and at a mix of medium and high (mostly high, but still)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, TechPrince said:

I have a friend that I'd like to build a computer for. I have a really good system myself, which runs at 240 FPS on Siege already. I gave him my old computer, which gets him about 90-100 FPS on high settings. He recently got an MSI monitor that runs at 165hz and has Freesync. I'd like to know a good combination of CPU and GPU to get to the 165FPS average or at least very close while running at either high to MAX settings, obviously preferring max. I'm on a budget though, and would prefer to spend about 500$. I know it's a bit difficult to pull off, so I am willing to add about a hundred the budget if necessary. At this point I'm not looking for a part list, just a good cpu and gpu combo please. Thanks! At the moment, I'd like to go for about a 300$ budget on the CPU and GPU combo. If a combo can be found that will still get the desired outcome for cheaper, I am definitely interested.

Extra info

Currently looking at:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/J8drxr/amd-ryzen-3-3200g-36-ghz-quad-core-processor-yd3200c5fhbox

and

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Pm3mP6/gigabyte-radeon-rx-5500-xt-8-gb-oc-video-card-gv-r55xtoc-8gd

While my friend does play other games, they are all either just as GPU demanding as Rainbow Six Siege, or games like Minecraft or CS:GO, where there isn't an awful lot of power needed as is.

You might wanna get the ryzen 5 2600, that'd be a much better choice imo. Also i would def recommend upgrading ur ram if its 8gb. a 16gb 3000mhz+ would work great with AMD cpu. I have a rx 570 8gb with ryzen 3 2200g and run at 120fps on max settings with render scale set to 50%. So those upgrades should be enough to get you atleast 140fps 

1 minute ago, Anookh1 said:

You might wanna get the ryzen 5 2600, that'd be a much better choice imo. Also i would def recommend upgrading ur ram if its 8gb. a 16gb 3000mhz+ would work great with AMD cpu. I have a rx 570 8gb with ryzen 3 2200g and run at 120fps on max settings with render scale set to 50%. So those upgrades should be enough to get you atleast 140fps 

Ahah. Good info. I actually have a 2600x myself. I was already planning on 16gb at 3000mhz. The 3200G is just a little bit better than the 2200G, but the 5500 XT is quite a bit better than the 570 8gb, at least in MHz, anyway. Having the render scaling down like that might be a little weird, so my friend would probably just go with a mix of medium to high settings.

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning + Cleaned

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv