Upgrading Ram IN Laptop

Go to solution Solved by aisle9,

Look at the DRAM frequency and double it for RAM speed. Your RAM is running at 2400 MHz on the nose, give or take a MHz or two.

So, im possibly looking to upgrade my RAM in my Dell Precision Laptop. RIght now, its got 16 GB, at 2400Mhz. However, the board is overclocking it, at 25xx MHz, When Looking at CPU-Z.. So, if it's over clocking the ram, can I buy 2666MHz Ram, so  it would be able to run it at 2666MHz. Or, would it act like normal? (like it is now)

Im looking at HYPER-X or corsair. 

If its cheaper to get the faster ram, then I'll just get that. 

Maybe I am reading the CPU-Z wrong. cause it's showing 2 different frequency.

image.png.f2ed105242949b03b61616f26e8df760.png

Thanks!

Also, I do know my CL and etc etc. CPU-Z tells me everything i need to know, in that regards. 

Look at the DRAM frequency and double it for RAM speed. Your RAM is running at 2400 MHz on the nose, give or take a MHz or two.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

35 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Ah, thanks, I understand now. Appreciate it