best sounding laptop? or one with best sound cards.

Go to solution Solved by HumdrumPenguin,
5 hours ago, weaselciuy said:

for anything Audio, a MacBook Pro will do the job anytime, anywhere, better than Windows.

My B&O headphones sound better on my Macbook over windows laptops. Its just better sound. I can especially discern a big difference in volume as it goes up from 1 to 100. Windows is more like 4 quarter staged while MacOS is actually increased every 1%.

Windows has a major issue with bluetooth audio, no way to check what codec is used, and many other issues

Lol It is not related to Windows my dude, but the sound section of the motherboard in use (amp + dac). Any decent 100 bucks amp + another decent 100 bucks dac will shit all over ANY mac, even the older models with mobos with better dacs (yes, Apple f**ed up and lowered their dac resolution on later mac models, both on desktop and laptop versions).

9 hours ago, just that pc guy said:

just a question i was wondering, what do you guys think is a good laptop if you are a music junkie who cares about perfect sound? i have a hp elitebook 840 g5, Bang and olufsen audio works well but i feel like there is something better.

Get a JDS Atom amp and a SMSL M100 or Topping D10 dac and you can forget about audio sources from laptops and go on with life.

just a question i was wondering, what do you guys think is a good laptop if you are a music junkie who cares about perfect sound? i have a hp elitebook 840 g5, Bang and olufsen audio works well but i feel like there is something better.

I don't know what you mean by "perfect sound", but it sounds like the type of thing people spend hundreds of thousands of dollars looking for.

Are you wanting to listen to the music over the built in speakers (Apple is really the only okay option, and it's really just okay), or through headphones?  If it's the latter, let us know what headphones you plan on using, and we can recommend an external dac/amp for you.  You can get great results with a Dragonfly and some IEMs for portability or something like a Schitt Stack (or even FiiO K5 Pro) through something like the Senn/Drop HD6XX for desktop.

for anything Audio, a MacBook Pro will do the job anytime, anywhere, better than Windows.

My B&O headphones sound better on my Macbook over windows laptops. Its just better sound. I can especially discern a big difference in volume as it goes up from 1 to 100. Windows is more like 4 quarter staged while MacOS is actually increased every 1%.

Windows has a major issue with bluetooth audio, no way to check what codec is used, and many other issues

There`s something new to learn, every day!

5 hours ago, weaselciuy said:

Lol It is not related to Windows my dude, but the sound section of the motherboard in use (amp + dac). Any decent 100 bucks amp + another decent 100 bucks dac will shit all over ANY mac, even the older models with mobos with better dacs (yes, Apple f**ed up and lowered their dac resolution on later mac models, both on desktop and laptop versions).

9 hours ago, just that pc guy said:

Get a JDS Atom amp and a SMSL M100 or Topping D10 dac and you can forget about audio sources from laptops and go on with life.