New to this whole thing, just want a little input

Well its finally time to leave the comfort and conformity of console life and start something new, started this journey down the rabbit hole because all i wanted to do was up the memory a bit in my Lenovo Y700. I found myself getting fascinated with learning what is compatible with what so i decided this is gonna be my new hobby which i desperately needed. 

I live in America so $=USD

Building something for gaming, not into streaming or content creation. I want it to be able to play today's games (Witcher 3, RDR2, AC Odyssey, etc.)  at 60+ fps in 1080p (Just not interested in that 1440 life yet)

Got a budget of $1,100 but willing to push $1,200 if need be (Not including shipping, tax, and warranties). Seems like prebuilt sites want to charge me over $1,500 for the things i want.

I have spent the past 2 weeks compiling and comparing parts on PC part picker and i am 90% i have put together what i need but i wanna see what my favorite PC building community thinks before i pull any triggers.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-core processor

This was recommended by PC gamer in their 2020 build guide which is where i started, doing some research i found nothing that said i shouldn't so i rolled with it

Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus ATX AM4 Motherboard

I chose the recommended chip set for my CPU and chose the best rated one for under $200, if you know of something better please feel free to say something. B450 seemed popular but X570 sounds like it comes ready for my cpu, no flash needed.

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2x8) DDR4-3600 Memory

Just kind of went off Linus' recommendation in that video about RAM for 3rd gen Ryzen. Sue me it's RAM.

Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (Why not?)

Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB 3.5" HDD (I'm cheap)

GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1660Ti 6 GB  Ventus XS OC

I wanted to go team red on this at first, thought it would pair well with the cpu, but any Radeon i liked people were having major driver issues with according to their reviews and i just don't want that headache, so team green it is! 1660Ti's price point seems appealing to me and is more than enough for 1080p in modern games according to several benchmarks from different people. Open to arguments for going back to Radeon or even scaling back to a 1660 super since that seems to be something people like talking about.

PSU: Corsair RM 650 W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Gold. Modular. Good(?)

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 ATX Mid Tower Case

i can only describe this thing as elegant overkill, the amount of expansion is ridiculous, the cable management in most other builds looks amazing and i just want it.

Here's a link to my PC part picker parts list if you wanna see it (aaand lookie there it just put it all there in a nice list, huh), projected total is looking around $1,180 including windows 10, so looking within budget so far

Thanks in advance! I look forward to hearing some opinions!

"I'M ready to go, I'M already wet."

-Linus

6 minutes ago, Ratchet7989 said:

chose the recommended chip set for my CPU and chose the best rated one for under $200

This is the worst rated one for under 200$. 

In fact it has allways been rated the worst one by reliable testing. 

Im gonna whip up something better

3 minutes ago, Ratchet7989 said:

Hello,

MSI x570 low end is awful.

Samsung SSDs are overpriced.

R5 is a little outdated.

You can get a Win10 key for 10-15$ from eBay, Amazon etc.

Here's what I suggest :

You can downgrade to a 2060S/5700XT for 100$ less.

First of all, welcome? Sort off?

5 minutes ago, Ratchet7989 said:

Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus ATX AM4 Motherboard

I chose the recommended chip set for my CPU and chose the best rated one for under $200, if you know of something better please feel free to say something. B450 seemed popular but X570 sounds like it comes ready for my cpu, no flash needed.

This is not entirely true. If you get a B450 it can still  come ready for ryzen 3000 series. If you take a B450 Tomahawk MAX for example, it should come 3000 ready. 

In truth, not even all of the X570's come 3000 ready, as i had to flash my MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi for it to accept my 3700x. Which was very easy with the ez flash button ;)

7 minutes ago, Ratchet7989 said:

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2x8) DDR4-3600 Memory

Just kind of went off Linus' recommendation in that video about RAM for 3rd gen Ryzen. Sue me it's RAM.

Nice kit, nothing wrong with it. but if your budget is tight, a 3000mhz kit will do just as well, you won't notice a big difference.

8 minutes ago, Ratchet7989 said:

Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (Why not?)

Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB 3.5" HDD (I'm cheap)

Yeah, i'm having troubles with the 'why not' compared to you saying you have a budget ;) pick a 960 or a P660, they work just as well and really once again you won't notice much a difference, aside of your wallet. Put the money towards a better graphics card.

Aside of this, nice build.

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

imo you're paying way too much on that board just for the convenience of 100% not having to flash a new BIOS.

A girl who loves to love.

3 minutes ago, Aimi said:

imo you're paying way too much on that board just for the convenience of 100% not having to flash a new BIOS.

and its not even guaranteed it will work out of the box. as i had that 'issue'.

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($174.99 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($104.97 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($112.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card  ($359.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Cougar MX330-G ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($67.98 @ Amazon) 
Total: $990.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-26 05:29 EST-0500

Better for less. 

Leaves about 200$ for anything else, or upping the GPU to an rx 5700xt or 2070 super if yoj dont mind getting a grey windows key.

BOY HOWDY that was quick! Glad i came here first because it sounds like its back to the drawing board for me. Sincerely appreciate these opinions, knew i wouldn't regret coming here! :D

"I'M ready to go, I'M already wet."

-Linus