HP Notebooks..?!

So... i've tried google to find anything about that. Couldn't find anything :/
Maybe one of you guys can help!

i watch most Videos from Louis Rossman because of pure interest.
I get why he dislikes Macbooks, he stated reasons more than enough.

But HP Notebooks... He also sad in one or another Video of his, that HP Notebooks "are Trash".

But why? What are Louis' Reasons for this statement? What are the issues, compared to Acer, or Lenovo (consumer class like Ideapad, or Business class like Thinkpad)?
Is this only for the HP Consumer Class? Or also the ProBook/Elitebook/zBook series?

I've seen older elitebooks and probooks hold up well. Ive daily driven a probook 445R g6 for about 6 months so far and 0 issues.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

6 hours ago, Darkseth said:

So... i've tried google to find anything about that. Couldn't find anything :/
Maybe one of you guys can help!

But HP Notebooks... He also sad in one or another Video of his, that HP Notebooks "are Trash".

But why? What are Louis' Reasons for this statement? What are the issues, compared to Acer, or Lenovo (consumer class like Ideapad, or Business class like Thinkpad)?
Is this only for the HP Consumer Class? Or also the ProBook/Elitebook/zBook series?

HP customer support isn't great and their laptops aren't really amazing in terms of build quality at any level. Had a pavilion back in school which was alright for the price especially as it was before the days SSDs became affordable but they haven't really changed since... Sister had an omen and that felt cheap and the XPS line I've had a play with and it's not built to the standards I'd expect for the price. 

Personally don't get the not liking MacBooks thing. Unless what you want to do doesn't suit them then nothing beats them, if you're willing to pay for MacOS and BQ obviously.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Watch his videos, and you will get his Opinion^^
Design Flaws on most Models, how Apple treats their customers (claiming data recovery isn't possible when it is, charging 800+ Bucks because a small cable broke) etc.

3 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Watch his videos, and you will get his Opinion^^
Design Flaws on most Models, how Apple treats their customers (claiming data recovery isn't possible when it is, charging 800+ Bucks because a small cable broke) etc.

Who's videos?

Only design flaw I can think of is he butterfly keyboard which has been reverted back to scissor maybe the no esc key on the Touch Bar models (not the 16) but that's a subjective thing, data recovery is difficult with the new T2 chips I don't see how anyone else would be able to get data off or say that it is doable tbh and what cable is this? All of mine and people I know have had great customer service with apple. Even when its not their fault like some stuff got lost by royal mail so they just sent a second lot out. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

7 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Isn't this the part you refered to with your Macbook comment?

Watch his Videos for more on that Topic.. He can explain the Issues way better than i am - because i would have to review all of his Videos again to not write anything wrong.

besides, i could literaly posts Dozens of Videos about all the Flaws of different Apple products, or their behaviour towards customers.

Not taking the failure of a Keyboard into account, the Design Flaws are mostly internal, not outside.

(Btw: I do own an iPad Pro, i'm very happy with. Also a Macbook Air 2018, i got for an extremely good price. Will probably sell it, and consider a 14" MB Pro, if i decide sticking with MacOS for the next years

So it's not like spreading hate. I simply can understand where Louis' negative Opinion is coming from)

But that is not the Topic of this Thread ? 

On 2/25/2020 at 10:12 PM, GDRRiley said:

I've seen older elitebooks and probooks hold up well. Ive daily driven a probook 445R g6 for about 6 months so far and 0 issues.

I love my Elitebook 8770W. I got a refurbished one back in 2017 and handles damn near everything I can throw at it (I'm not much of a computer gamer, so that's not what I use it for).

I threw a 1TB Samsung SSD in it and it's been the best computer I've ever owned.

Here's my specs.