Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sushimus

Largest Pet Peeve?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I haven't seen something like this before so I figured I'd ask: what's your guy's biggest trigger? The one thing that is garenteed to ruin anything for you? definitely not planning to use this against you

For me it's mouth table manners, things like chewing mouth open and licking your fingers. I will literally leave where I am if I can when this happens, and it completely ruins my mood for a few hours.

-Undeniably Indie™

• When people don't fully close the door after leaving the room, especially when the door was closed in the first place.
  • When people don't tuck in their chairs after leaving the table. Maybe this is just a British thing I'm used to, though.

🏹 Why change the past 🏹
When you can own this day?

when people ask what my pet peeves are.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

People who are willfully stupid.

I get you didn't understand why the computer broke, you're not a computer person, it's ok.

Here's why it broke, here's how to prevent it in the future, so you don't do it again.

What do you mean it broke again? ?

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

People who ask for something and you offer to help but they never get back then in 3 months bring it up again 

I do video production and I’ve got this one client who doesn’t treat anyone right and is so bitchy no one wants to work with her. she complained about prices, our standard practices after she changed what she was after, her lack of professional communication, her acting like she know anything about how this industry works. 

so the short version. Customers who bitch when they don’t know. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 2.0: R7 2700 @4.0ghz, B450m Steel Legends, H105, 4x8gb Gell EVO 3000, XFX RX 580 8GB, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 500gb 850 pro and 5tb Toshiba x300

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 250 intel 750, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Bearcat (F@H box) core 2 duo, 1x4gb EEC DDR2, 250gb WD blue, 9800GTX+, STRIX 660ti, supermicro PSU, dell T3400.

Compute server Rappter(remember to add link) HP DL380G6 2xE5520 24GB ram with 4x146gb 10k drives and 4x300gb 10K drives, running NOTHING can't get anything to work

WIP NAS Spirt Cisco Security Multiservices Platform server e5420 12gb ram, 1x6 1tb raid 6 for plex + Need funding 16+1 2tb raid 6 for mass storage.

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List      How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

6 minutes ago, Ecchi said:
People who take up too much room on public transport 

Don’t get me started on the crackheads who blast music on BART

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 2.0: R7 2700 @4.0ghz, B450m Steel Legends, H105, 4x8gb Gell EVO 3000, XFX RX 580 8GB, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 500gb 850 pro and 5tb Toshiba x300

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 250 intel 750, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Bearcat (F@H box) core 2 duo, 1x4gb EEC DDR2, 250gb WD blue, 9800GTX+, STRIX 660ti, supermicro PSU, dell T3400.

Compute server Rappter(remember to add link) HP DL380G6 2xE5520 24GB ram with 4x146gb 10k drives and 4x300gb 10K drives, running NOTHING can't get anything to work

WIP NAS Spirt Cisco Security Multiservices Platform server e5420 12gb ram, 1x6 1tb raid 6 for plex + Need funding 16+1 2tb raid 6 for mass storage.

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List      How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

5 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

People who are willfully stupid.

I get you didn't understand why the computer broke, you're not a computer person, it's ok.

Here's why it broke, here's how to prevent it in the future, so you don't do it again.

What do you mean it broke again? ?

Yes. I used to work tech support. I once spent an hour explaining to this lady (a total Karen) why her computer wouldn't boot after she spilled coffee on it. After that, I took an hour lunch contemplating why certain people exist. Sometimes, other humans suck.

5 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

Don’t get me started on the crackheads who blast music on BART

Idk what BART is but in general i cant stand dumbfucks who want to listen to music in public but dont want to use headphones.

Happens downtown all the time usually its the fucking beggars. No im not giving you money or smokes and no i dont want to listen to your shit music.

Also people who talk on speaker phone....for no reason. Put the phone up to your ear and talk you fucking idiot. Everytime i see this im praying that they drop their phone and it breaks.

And then theres people who dont want to get off the phone while trying to order. We gave our host permission to dismiss rude customers. If they cant put in the effort to give us their attention i feel no obligation to give them ours. 

Tbh i hate people in general now that i think about it. 

For me it's Stupidity! Stupidity and all it's little brothers and sisters...

Unfortunately it's one of the human characteristic the most shared and spread...

i.e.: This woman is the Indonesian Child Protection Commission (KPAI) commissioner for health, narcotics and addictive substances and she publicly says this kind of things:

‘Strong sperm’ could impregnate women in swimming pools, child protection chief says

‘Even without penetration, men may become sexually excited [by women in the pool] and ejaculate, therefore causing a pregnancy,’

Source: The Independant

Just unbelievable in this day and age from an official member of a government.

Another thing is the use in french of "Au jour d'aujourd'hui". It litterally means "in todays day". In proper french you would say "A ce jour" or "Aujourd'hui". But with "Au jour d'aujourd'hui" you simply repeat 2 times the same thing, just to say "today" or "At this point in time"!

That doesn't mean anything! It's "today"... So many people use it constantly without even thinking about what they are saying and that it doesn't make any sense. It's even been accepted in the official dictionnaries because it's been so much in use.

I know it's useless, but it drives me crazy... O_o

2 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

What's French for "I don't want to live on this planet anymore?"

LOL!

16 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Another thing is the use in french of "Au jour d'aujourd'hui". It litterally means "in todays day". In proper french you would say "A ce jour" or "Aujourd'hui". But with "Au jour d'aujourd'hui" you simply repeat 2 tomes the same thing, just to say "today" or "At this point in time"!

That doesn't mean anything! It's "today"... So many people use it constantly without even thinking what they are saying and that it doesn't make any sense.

Ah, this reminded me of something. Redundancy in writing irks me. For instance:

• "...of the fact that...": This phrase is never necessary and doesn't add context, information, or other value to the text.
  • "The reason is because..." or "Because of the reason that...": Pick one or the other. They both mean the same thing.
  • "In conclusion...": Get to the point. Summarizing your main arguments at the end of a long wall of text is good, but you don't have to preface it with its own introduction.

🏹 Why change the past 🏹

1 minute ago, Eschew said:

Ah, this reminded me of something. Redundancy in writing irk me. For instance:

• "...of the fact that...": This phrase is never necessary and doesn't add context, information, or other value to the text.
  • "The reason is because..." or "Because of the reason that...": Pick one or the other. They both mean the same thing.
  • "In conclusion...": Get to the point. Summarizing your main arguments at the end of a long wall of text is good, but you don't have to preface it with its own introduction.

But I have to hit the minimum word count /s

2 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

But I have to hit the minimum word count /s

Quality not quantity, bud. ?

Edit: I just noticed /s, my bad.

🏹 Why change the past 🏹

people that don't seem to get the hint that i want to be left alone

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

If you want to make a thread, check if there is another related thread first.

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .'''''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY OR DI  |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,................'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+ mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+ dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/ yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+ ++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN ..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o ``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

3 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

Idk what BART

it is a hybrid above ground/subway train going all around the SF bay area. 

4 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Easy solution,

Sing along with it.

Nothing will annoy them as much

I'm not going to try to sing along with rap.

3 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

it is a hybrid above ground/subway train going all around the SF bay area. 

I'm not going to try to sing along with rap.

Whats funny its always rap in my area too.

God awful rap with the bass turned up so loud that the speaker is clearly blown.

Many many things,

Chewing with mouth open.

People who aren't just crap at their job, but arseholes at the same time. I can deal with decent idiots!

People talking on their mobile on loudspeaker in public, but shouting the conversation and holding it to their ear because they can't hear it... HOLD IT LIKE A GODDAMN PHONE AS INTENDED! 

My Folding Stats Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! 

Aviation Engineer by day,

Game Developer by Night,

IT Engineer for a Hobby,

Husband in between!

Proud creator of EvoCore! 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.retrodex.evocore&hl=en

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/evocore/id1459714064

People who don’t cover their mouths when they cough. I work with the public and strain myself from not saying something to those customers that would get me in trouble.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080S VENTUS 8G Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: 80+ Gold Certified 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 Monitor: Dell S2716DGR Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Phone: iPhone 11 64GB Black