First Watercooled build - Custom Loop Inwin A1

DalekDoc

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I finally completed transplanting all my components from my dual rad NCase M1 build to a custom loop in the Inwin A1 plus (My first loop)

Album Link - https://imgur.com/a/sVOBR4N

Specs:

CPU - i9-9900K (5Ghz all cores at 1.31v)

GPU - EVGA 2080Ti Hybrid (2100 Mhz OC)

Mobo - Asrock Z390 mini ITX Phantom Gaming

Ram - 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX

Storage - Adata SX8200 512GB (main), Intel 660p 2TB (Games), Samsung QVO 4 TB (Storage)

PSU - Corsair SF-750 Platinum

Cooling Hardware - EK Velocity CPU Block, Phanteks Glacier GPU Block, 2x XSPC TX120 Slim Rad, 1x XSPC TX 240 slim rad, Bykski mini DDC reservoir, EK DDC PWM pump, Primochill fittings and PETG Tubing (with inserts to prevent collapse), 2x Noctua NF-A12, 1x Noiseblocker E-Loop, 1x Slim 15mm Noctua

Fan Control/RGB - Aquacomputer Quadro, 2x Aquacomputer farbwerk nano (1 for AmbientPx behind Monitor), phanteks digital rgb strips, halos fan frame

Loop Order:

Res->Pump->CPU->120mm rad->gpu->240mm rad->120mm rad->Res

Custom Modifications to case:

- Made custom mounts for radiator and slim fan instead of the side fan (used aluminum L-angles and cut and drilled holes for mounting) - was a total pain, would 3d print if I had the option

- Drilled holes for 240mm radiator mount in bottom. The bottom radiator ended up being offset from the usual fan mounting spot due to the side radiator so couldn't fit the stock RGB light strip and plastic channel thing - ended up gluing a Phanteks neon strip to the inside of the bottom foot

- Frosted the tubes and the base with soft sanding discs meant for bowling balls (initially messed up the base by trying to use a dremel - you can see blemishes in right front corner but buffed most of it out)

- Drilled holes in the psu holding frame to mount pump to chassis using an aluminum L-angle and EK universal pump holder)

Cooling Performance:

Note all at max fan RPMs set at 1500 and pump set to 40%, temps measured after 1 hour run to saturate water). Water temp measured at pump outlet. Overclocks and voltages mentioned above in Specs

CPU Load (AIDA 64 CPU stress test - package power of approx 170w) - Avg Core temp 72-75c and water temp of 42c

GPU Load (Heaven - GPU package power of approx 330w) - 59-60c and water temp of 47c

Mixed (AIDA 64 CPU+GPU - 170w CPU package load, 300w GPU package load) - CPU 80-85c, GPU 61-62c, Water 49c

Overall I'm very happy with the end product, but it was a real pain to fit all of this in here!. I'm a bit disappointed at the somewhat higher liquid temps but I think it's still in the safe range and I don't want to rub my fans any higher than 1500-1600rpm for noise reasons.

I would love any feedback and what you guys think of the temps I'm getting... Thanks for reading.

This looks amazing. I have this case and I have wondered about its water cooling possibilities... Did you fit fans under the radiator on the bottom? 

On 2/28/2020 at 12:52 PM, 7mtyler said:

This looks amazing. I have this case and I have wondered about its water cooling possibilities... Did you fit fans under the radiator on the bottom? 

Yup 2x Noctua NF-A12s under the radiator as push