650W or 1000W PSU?

moetezz

i have question guys. I need a new 650w PSU. but i visited a store near my house where i found a 650w gold corsair non modulaire PSU has the same price as a corsair 1000w gold fully modulaire PSU, it is discounted by the way. should i get 1000w even thought i don't need the wattage ? will it harm the efficiency or the computer if i don't the whole wattage ??

1 minute ago, moetezz said:

i have question guys. I need a new 650w PSU. but i visited a store near my house where i found a 650w gold corsair non modulaire PSU has the same price as a corsair 1000w gold fully modulaire PSU, it is discounted by the way. should i get 1000w even thought i don't need the wattage ? will the harm the efficiency or the computer if i don't the whole wattage ??

It depends on which PSU it is, i.e what's its performance way, wattage aha nothing to do with PSU quality. No, if your system draws no more than 400W which is likely the case if it's gaming rig, then you'll be equally good both with 550W and 1000W PSU, assuming they are good quality.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

1 minute ago, Juular said:

It depends on which PSU it is, i.e what's its performance way, wattage aha nothing to do with PSU quality. No, if your system draws no more than 400W which is likely the case if it's gaming rig, then you'll be equally good both with 550W and 1000W PSU, assuming they are good quality.

they are both from corsair i think that proof of good quality. One is CX650 and the other is RM1000x noting they have the same price.

12 minutes ago, moetezz said:

i think that proof of good quality.

Any manufacturer can have bad products.

17 minutes ago, moetezz said:

they are both from corsair i think that proof of good quality. One is CX650 and the other is RM1000x noting they have the same price.

RM series is a good bit higher quality than CX. If they're the same price it's a good deal. I'd go for it

That's an F in the profile pic

17 minutes ago, moetezz said:

The RMx is the better power supply. It's odd that they are both the same price, is the RM1000x a used/refurbished unit?

25 minutes ago, moetezz said:

will it harm the efficiency or the computer if i don't the whole wattage ??

It shouldn't make much difference. The RM1000x reaches >80% efficiency by about 50W load so even while your system is idling on desktop you should be above that. The RMx is also the more efficient power supply of the two which will help with its efficiency.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

49 minutes ago, moetezz said:

they are both from corsair i think that proof of good quality.

That doesn't work this way, although Corsair doesn't have exactly bad units in their current lineup, trusting the brand isn't a good practice. And yes, RM1000x and CX650 having the same price is a bit off, either first are used\refurbished or CX650 are overpriced, because if both new then RMx are way better option for the same price.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

both are new products i made sure of that and yeah i shouldn't trust a brand because it is famous for good products that my bad. and the rm1000x has very low price compared to the website which says $199 while here is about $70 i am starting to think its a mistake made by employees cuz it not a normal price even in discount.

13 hours ago, moetezz said:

both are new products i made sure of that and yeah i shouldn't trust a brand because it is famous for good products that my bad. and the rm1000x has very low price compared to the website which says $199 while here is about $70 i am starting to think its a mistake made by employees cuz it not a normal price even in discount.

Not only should you buy one, you should buy as many as you can at that price and resell them.