Corsair RAM stability issues?

Hi there. Ive been longing for the answer for months, so i have decided to turn to the ltt peeps

I have a B450 Aorus pro, ryzen 5 2600x and 2x8gb DDR4 3600Mhz Corsair vengeance rgb pro sticks.

The RAM is super unstable. It will bluescreen if i peak 12GB (out of 16GB),

this is causing lots of issues including my OBS to crash mid stream and games to fail bootup (Mainly SCP: Secret Laboratory)

I ran memtest86 and it came up with MANY errors, any other ideas?

thanks guys

//Also the rig is fairly new (6 months ish)

Hello,

2 minutes ago, lewiswal47 said:

ran memtest86 and it came up with MANY errors, any other ideas?

You answered yourself.

Also Zen+ sweet spot is 3000-3200MHz, above can actually make it worse especially in games.

Maybe one of your 2 RAM sticks is half defective. Try removing one stick from the system and then run memtest86. If no errors is displayed try running memtest86 with the other stick of RAM.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Maybe one of your 2 RAM sticks is half defective. Try removing one stick from the system and then run memtest86. If no errors is displayed try running memtest86 with the other stick of RAM.

will do an hour each stick - ta

are you running them in slots 2 and 4? what sort of xmp settings and voltages are you using?

Also the usual make sure the ram is seated properly, etc. Corsair is pretty decent RAM but you might have gotten unlucky. For reference I ran memtest86 the other night for a little over 12 hours, no errors on 64GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200.

11 hours ago, Plouffe said:

Hello,

You answered yourself.

Also Zen+ sweet spot is 3000-3200MHz, above can actually make it worse especially in games.

Above 3200mhz makes what worse? 

9 hours ago, boggy77 said:

are you running them in slots 2 and 4? what sort of xmp settings and voltages are you using?

RIght, slots A2 and B2

He's got......

3600Mhz Corsair vengeance rgb pro

Which is CL18....

2 hours ago, eats_vegetables said:

Also the usual make sure the ram is seated properly, etc. Corsair is pretty decent RAM but you might have gotten unlucky. For reference I ran memtest86 the other night for a little over 12 hours, no errors on 64GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200.

It's not Corsair themselves, it's the ICs they use. Generally SK Hynix, and not usually decent for Zen+. See a lot of issues with LPX running XMP timings sets. 

Then the board he has isn't really the greatest for memory overclocking either. 

B450 Aorus pro -

Support for DDR4 2933/2667/2400/2133 MHz memory modules

Between rocks and hard places.

Ryzen 2000 series memory controller isn't great and can't really cope with memory over 3200. Maybe try with lower frequency and tighter timings. Download ryzen ram calculator and try to play with it.

7 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Above 3200mhz makes what worse? 

Above 3200MHz, rams can actually make Zen+ run worse.

3 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Above 3200MHz, rams can actually make Zen+ run worse.

Oh you mean more likely to become unstable. Gotcha. 

Yes this is agreeable. Depending on Board and Memory used. 

What I've found with Zen+ is pushing past XMP is where memory errors start occurring and loss of stability. This doesn't really seem to matter what memory kits, I have 4 different kits that's been tested with here. All the XMP profiles work and test fine ranging 3000 3200 and 3600mhz. 

But haven't seen my 2700X "running worse" as a result of the frequency being 3600mhz opposed to 3200mhz. I find 3600mhz to be a pleasurable frequency on Zen+.

21 hours ago, lewiswal47 said:

Hi there. Ive been longing for the answer for months, so i have decided to turn to the ltt peeps

I have a B450 Aorus pro, ryzen 5 2600x and 2x8gb DDR4 3600Mhz Corsair vengeance rgb pro sticks.

The RAM is super unstable. It will bluescreen if i peak 12GB (out of 16GB),

this is causing lots of issues including my OBS to crash mid stream and games to fail bootup (Mainly SCP: Secret Laboratory)

I ran memtest86 and it came up with MANY errors, any other ideas?

thanks guys

//Also the rig is fairly new (6 months ish)

Your ram is fried. Buy new ram.